About the Workshop
Empire Medical proudly presents its latest New York City PDO Thread Lift Training I & II specialty course. Spend a day with us at Long Island Marriott studying PDO Thread Face Lifting procedures. This one-day course is ideal for any Health Care Practitioners, Physicians, Nurses, and Dentists around the New York City Area. Uplifting your aesthetic practice, the PDO Thread Lift Training course is a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to meet
experienced instructors and learn directly from them.
An evidence-based workshop led by celebrity status physician instructors, the Empire Medical Training’s New York City PDO Thread Lift course is a learning opportunity like no other. Attendees will learn to differentiate between the currently available thread products while they practice and perform PDO Thread Lift procedures in a safe and controlled environment.
The PDO Thread Lift Training course holds an AMA-accredited curriculum of 7.00 AMA PRA
Category 1 Credit, planned by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
(ACCME) and the joint providership of Medical Educational Resources (MER)
Additional Course Information
Completing the PDO Thread Lift Training Course will help attendees in understanding and developing the necessary skills to correctly identify patients who would benefit from PDO Thread Lift operations, using PDO Thread Lift as a complement to existing aesthetic medicine techniques.
In doing so the PDO Thread Lift Training Course attendees will learn to perform the following procedures:
- Midface Lift
- Neck Lift
- Neck Filler
- Jawline Contouring
- Décolletage Filling
- Cheekbone Shaping
- Cheek Augmentation (Mesh)
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- Tear Through Volumizing
- Laugh Line Filling
- Vermillion Border (Lip Definition) Filler
- Abdomen and “Belly”
- Submental Tightening
- Lip Flip Technique
- Acne PDO
- Cats Eyebrow or Thread Lift
Based on the category of Aesthetic Threads, the PDO Thread Lift Training Workshop will be divided into two sections:
- Level 1: Smooth Thread Training which is essential to stimulate collagen and aid in Facial Rejuvenation
- Level 2: Lifting Thread Training which provides a firmer look. Ideal for treating wrinkles, and fine lines, as well as providing an “anchoring” effect.
During the program, the following types of threads will be reviewed and discussed:
- Smooth Threads (Mono)
- Twisted PDO Threads (Basic, Double, and Screw Super)
- Volume Threads (Basic and Broom) – Cannula
- Barb Unidirectional & Bidirectional Threads – Sharp & Cannula Options
- Barb 3D Threads
- Barb 4D Threads
- New Higher Gauge Threads – Cannula Option Extreme Facial and Body Indications
During your stay in New York City, you will have the opportunity to strengthen your knowledge in the following areas:
- Learn to perform and safely administer PDO Thread Lift procedures for a broader range of patients personalizing and adapting these services to the patient's needs and aesthetic expectations.
- Recognize how to predict and prevent risks, pitfalls, complications, and adverse events in patients in order to safeguard patients while providing the highest level of care.
- Understand and comply with generally accepted protocols regarding the selection, placement, and volume of PDO sutures for optimal results in aesthetic requests.
- Study the interaction between PDO sutures and basic facial anatomy, as well as the differences between the product characteristics and areas of injection.
- Assess who is an ideal candidate for the PDO Thread Lift procedure, which patients will benefit from the available procedures, and research the anatomical areas that can benefit from PDO procedures.
- Increase patient awareness and offer enhanced patient care about PDO Thread Lift procedures, followed by post-treatment aftercare.
Who the event is for?
This one-day course is ideal for any Health Care Practitioners, Physicians, Nurses, and Dentists around the New York City Area. Uplifting your aesthetic practice, the PDO Thread Lift Training course is a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to meet
Empire Medical Training expects all registered attendees to review the educational videos to ensure the highest level of participation and safeguard the live-patient volunteers for the PDO Thread Lift Training (Module I & II). Completing our video-on-demand or virtual training requires participating in the hands-on element for certification.
The most valuable aspect of any live course is the opportunity to interact and learn directly from faculty members. Don’t waste your chance to ask questions and learn from Physician instructors. After registration, you will gain access to the Empire’s education portal with access to all pre-requisite videos for the following topics:
Patient Consultation Process
- Communicating expected results for PDO Thread Lifting Treatments
- Techniques that will satisfy your patient's goals.
Learn to properly mark facial zones. Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Patient Selection, Standard of Care Considerations, and proper placement of the PDO thread sutures.
- Contraindications for Treatment
- Zones of Adherence
- Correcting Complications and Adverse Events
Established protocols, understanding of the medical model, safety techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
- Placement of PDO Smooth or Twisted Threads for mid-face, décolleté, perioral, lips, neck, and other volumizing areas of the face.
- Placement of Barbed Surgical Sutures for the face, arms, and other anatomical areas.
- After-Care Instruction Post-Treatment.
- Other “Pearls” associated with the PDO procedures including how to manage patient expectations.
8:30am - 9:00am
9:00am - 9:30am
Physician Introduction, Brief history, and definition of PDO Thread Sutures including product characteristics, mechanism of action, potential uses, indications for treatment, and patient considerations.
9:30 am – 10:30 am
Review the various types of PDO sutures commercially available and their potential use in various facial and body part areas. Differentiate the types of FDA Cleared threads in relation to dimensions, gauge, and length for the appropriate use in the application of PDO sutures medically and aesthetically. Advantages and disadvantages of using PDO Thread Lift sutures for correction compared to other conventional treatment options for the most common aesthetic conditions including “standard of care” considerations for enhanced patient care.
10:30am - 10:45am
10:45am - 11:15am
Combination or stand-alone treatments using the various types of threads including relative and absolute contraindications for treatment. Review guidelines for who is a “good candidate for treatment”, risks and possible complications, adverse events, limitations associated with the procedure, and setting patient expectations.
11:15 am – 12:15 pm
Review of Facial anatomy about vascular, muscular, and neural structures preceding the PDO Thread Lift training for depth, insertion, and placement. Evaluate and assess the aging process associated with patient presentation and planning considerations for the procedure. Final appraisal of the patient and selection of the various types of PDO Thread sutures – planning for the procedure. Review standard of care for “clean room” procedures, keeping a sterile field, and anesthesia options (considerations) for patients depending upon facial or body part area.
12:15 pm – 1:00 pm
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Review generally accepted sample protocols for the placement of smooth (mono) PDO sutures for the correction of tissue density, tissue volume, or scaffolding of the tissue area creating a “mesh” effect. Placement considerations concerning the number of threads, gauge of thread, and physical placement of threads are discussed for the common facial and body part areas including actual technique strategies that may be utilized to support tissue structures.
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm
Live demonstration by Physician Instructor for the Smooth (mono) PDO Thread Suture placement. Questions and Answers
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Supervised Hands-On Training for attendees on volunteer patients utilizing Smooth (mono) PDO threads utilizing the various types of PDO (mono) sutures for a variety of facial and possible body indications (dependent on volunteer indications for treatment).
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training's safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and must always adhere to CDC guidelines.
Operating on a tight schedule? You can opt for the live virtual program training and attend a future New York City In-Person event to make the most out of our EMT experience.
Planning your visit
Welcome to New York City! Join the PDO Threads Lift Training I & II faculty staff for a one-day intensive experience in the capital of the world. Taking place at the Long Island Marriott, you can escape the bustling day-to-day New York City experience during training and visit Manhattan during the night. The Long Island Marriott is a commodious, welcoming venue that is ideal for the hands-on portion of the training.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews