About the Workshop
Additional Course Information
Featuring a combination of the most effective evidence-based methods for Hair Loss Therapies, our San Francisco Empire Hair Restoration Training focuses on:
- Combination Prescription Therapies (Minoxidil, Finasteride, Alpha II – 5 reductase inhibitors)
- Mechanical Treatments (PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma, LLT or Low-Level Laser Technologies, ACell or MatriStem®)
- Naturopathic solutions
The course provides an extensive review of pathophysiology for hair growth, hair loss, hair thinning, common and lesser-known causes, and the latest data regarding gene expression, stem cell receptors, hormonal considerations (differences between men and women), and growth factors that should be considered when making a treatment plan.
As part of the San Francisco Hair Restoration Training Workshop, attendees will receive updated protocols and regimen considerations, including:
- Minoxidil (oral and topical) and the new revolutionary 82M prescription
- Finasteride (oral and topical) and consideration for use with Minoxidil
- Spinolactone (hair treatments, PCOS, acne)
- Cyproterone Acetate (hair treatments, PCOS, acne)
- Vitamins and Supplements
- Platelet Rich Plasma (hair treatments and other medical/aesthetic conditions)
- ACell Technologies (MatriStem®) for use with Platelet Rich Plasma
- Low-Level Laser Technologies (LLT) and Red Light Therapies
Attendees will also receive all the hair loss and regrowth treatment “pearls” including tips for early diagnosis, health considerations, testing (for women), and newer technologies such as the hair check system that allows physicians to create a base-line for hair and measure results while predicting hair loss 10 to 15 years in advance.
Hair Restoration Preceptorship Training
The San Francisco Empire’s Advanced Preceptorship Training Program provides three additional learning pathways in partnership with Globally Prominent Hair Transplant Surgeon, Alan Bauman, MD from the Bauman Medical Group. As of now, there are three training options for fast-tracking your Hair Restoration Expertise:
The 1-Day Training Option – Hair Loss: A 1-Day Training program with turnkey solutions for hair loss and restoration management. Available for all professionals.
The 3-Day Training Advanced Shadowing Option – Hair Loss & Scalp: A more advanced pathway featuring the latest technologies available in the treatment of various alopecia conditions. Participants will be able to shadow the doctors, learning to identify, evaluate, track and manage different symptomatic scalp conditions. The 3-Day option features all components from the 1-Day Option and the opportunity to collaborate and network with other physicians.
The Individual Preceptorship Option: For those who are looking for the most advanced and complete training experience. Access proven protocols to identify, evaluate, track and manage hair loss. Become accustomed to BaumanPRP protocols and learn about transplantation services such as FUE Neograft, ARTAS Robotic-Assisted Procedures, as well as other types of treatments:(Eyelash, eyebrow, and other facial hair transplantation procedures). Individual training takes place at Bauman Medical in Boca Raton Florida.
After their stay in San Francisco, attendees are expected to incorporate the following into their practice:
- Assess and evaluate patients experiencing hair loss and thinning:
- Master scalp and hair anatomy, hair loss etiologies and identify the various types of alopecia including Androgenic Alopecia (Male Patterned Baldness (MPB), Female Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL), Alopecia Areata, Telogen Effluvium, and Traction Alopecia.
- Employ basic and advanced techniques in the nerve conduction examination.
- Understand the relationship between the etiology and the available treatment options including those related to medical conditions, medications, hormonal, and genetic factors. Fully comprehend the differences between male and female alopecia and other types of underlying possible causes for hair loss in women.
- Know the various hair loss therapies including medications (minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride), hormone blockers (spironolactone, cyproterone acetate), natural supplements, injectable therapies (PRP, ACell), and various light-based energy devices (LLT, Red Light Therapies).
- Consider the use of new technologies including the new Hair Check System.
- Gain the necessary expertise and confidence to integrate these new procedures into a successful aesthetic practice.
At Empire Medical, we expect our graduates not only to be successful in performing new procedures and treatments but also to become financially successful. Preceptorship Training alternatives are also available to help practitioners
Who the event is for?
Specially designed for physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals interested in medical hair loss therapy training. If you are a licensed physician based in San Francisco, Oakland, Fremont, Hayward, Berkeley, Richmond, or any other nearby area in California, this course was made for you.
Planning your visit
Do you want to discover a creative and colorful way to learn about the history and culture of San Francisco, Oakland, and Richmond? Then you can't miss a tour of the most impressive murals in these cities. From the Mission district in San Francisco, famous for its political and social murals, to the vibrant and colorful murals adorning the walls of Richmond, this experience will take you through the beauty and meaning behind these street art masterpieces. In Oakland, you can explore the Uptown Arts District, home to some of the city's most impressive murals. And in Richmond, you'll have the opportunity to see the city's historical legacy through its murals in the Three Bridges area. This tour will allow you to get to know the talent and creativity of local artists and understand the importance of murals as a form of expression and resistance. Don't miss out on this unique and inspiring experience!
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews