About the Workshop
Calling all New York City physicians and licensed practitioners. The Kybella Certification & Injection Training Workshop offers systematic training in the application of FDA-Approved Kybella® injectable treatment for physicians and nurses in the care of patients with aesthetic requests, more specifically patients looking to improve their profile by getting rid of submental fat.
A solid opportunity for New York City-based aesthetic practitioners, Kybella offers a non-invasive alternative for treating moderate to severe fat accumulation in the submental region with no downtime, a big leap from lipo-surgery. The Empire Medical Kybella Certification & Injection Training features all the pearls for a successful practice, from injection techniques to each step of the treatment process including patient selection, relative and absolute contraindications, malpractice insurance considerations, and enhanced patient care for the procedure.
The Kybella Certification & Injection Training Program, presented by Board-Certified Physicians, is a combined learning experience that includes a didactic portion in the morning and a practical hands-on training module in the afternoon. Attendees of the New York City Program will be required to practice with live patients, enhancing the training and building confidence in administering the product.
Kybella Training -and up to 45 more courses
We wish you a pleasant training and stay in New York City. At Empire Medical, we want to ensure that you make the most out of our courses. Our Optional Memberships and attend up to 45 and more courses with LIVE and VIRTUAL workshops and special events. Our most popular courses include Botulinum Toxin-A Training, Dermal Filler Training, Sclerotherapy for Physicians & Nurses, Anti-aging Courses, and more. As you continue to broaden your aesthetic practice, keep an eye on our course offering. Your next course is just a click away.
Additional Course Information
An increasingly sought-after procedure, Kybella injections have been proven effective in all Dedo Classifications for fat accumulation in the submental region, as shown in multiple clinical studies and FDA trials. With treatments that range from two to four sessions (30 days apart), it is a safe, easy-to-perform procedure that provides recurring revenue when successfully integrated into any aesthetic practice.
The Empire Medical Kybella Certification & Injection Training features a complete program that delves deeper into:
- Patient Planning
- Dedo Effect and Aging Indications (Jawbone reabsorption, compartmental fat shifting, effects of quick weight loss)
- Mechanism of action
- Desired Outcomes vs. Handling Clients' Expectations
- Maximizing Kybella Injections results
Attendees of the New York City Program will be under the strict supervision of our board-certified practitioners. Included with the tuition, all materials associated with performing the injection training are found in the Empire’s Physician Portal including:
- Videos from Allergan
- Full-color Manual
- Administrative forms
- Additional ancillary information
- Review for Combination therapies
- Pricing and packaging
- Marketing techniques for Kybella Treatments
Empire Medical Seminars require attendees to perform procedures under our qualified physician instructors' direct supervision before certification. The workshop’s afternoon session is designed to help attendees practice their injection technique, style, and overall skill.
After our one-day course in New York City for the Kybella Certification & Training program, we expect physicians to:
- Acquire knowledge on how to thoroughly evaluate and work up new patients with aesthetic requests that might benefit from Kybella injectable therapy, as well as how to ask the right questions and communicate expected outcomes to patients.
- Explain the underlying causes of compartmental fat buildup under the chin and in the face's submental region, including age's effects on fat shifting, bone resorption, and excessive and rapid weight loss.
- Exert critical thinking while reviewing evidence-based studies related to the procedure
- Study relevant facial anatomy and gain a thorough understanding of mechanisms of action and the benefits to patients and physicians administering Kybella Injection Therapies
- Recognize the many procedures for administering Kybella to patients with varied aesthetic conditions, such as departmentalized or herniated fat in the submental region of the face. Assess patients with relative or absolute contraindications that might exclude them from undergoing treatment.
- Describe and effectively communicate the hazards associated with surgical alternatives or other non-FDA injection therapies as alternatives to Kybella injectable therapy.
- Integrate the pearls from the course to safely and competently perform the Kybella injection procedure using FDA Approved guidelines and protocols.
- Examine patients' pre- and post-treatment alternatives, the importance of compliance, and updated treatment methods for poor responders, which may include multiple injections. Discuss potential complications and adverse events related to the procedure and how to avoid them.
- Integrate other combination therapies that can enhance the results of Kybella treatments including jaw redefinition and the use of skin tightening procedures for post-treatment indications.
- Successfully add Kybella treatment therapies into your aesthetic practice. Follow marketing strategies and attract new clients.
Who the event is for?
The program is accredited for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) for Physicians and 7.5 ANCC contact hours for Nurses. Jointly accredited by the Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare, Empire Medical, Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and AAPA. If you are a healthcare professional based in New York City, Yonkers, Stamford, Connecticut, White Plains, New Rochelle, Hoboken, or any other nearby area in New York City, and you want to learn Anti-Aging Medicine Training, this course was made for you.
Planning your visit
Historic buildings can tell a lot about the culture and history of a city. If you're an architecture lover, you can't miss the Upper West Side in New York City and White Plains in New York. In the Upper West Side, you'll find some of the most iconic buildings in the city, such as the Dakota Building, where John Lennon lived, and the Ansonia, a historic building built in 1904. You can also enjoy the view of the Hudson River and Riverside Park as you walk around the area. In White Plains, you'll find historic buildings such as the First Baptist Church and the Justice House. If you're a history buff, you can't miss these places. Additionally, there are many walking tours available in both areas, where you can learn about the history and architecture of the buildings. Get ready to explore the architectural beauty of New York City and its surroundings!
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews