About the WorkshopAt Empire Medical Training, we have built courses for our participants to achieve a successful
and more conscious aesthetic practice.
This seminar features the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses,
dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals in Washington, DC, and it counts as 8 hours of
continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation.
Approved by the AMA for a maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM), the
Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop provides a comprehensive roadmap toward
enhanced patient care. Additionally, it improved decision-making when choosing FDA-approved
Dermal Fillers injections according to G-Prime rating standards.
Additional Course Information
Here's what you should know about our Dermal Filler Training program:
Hyaluronic Acid products (HA) make up over 94% of the soft dermal filler market, a rise and
preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures, and a projected CAGR growth of 6.58% from
2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021), the Dermal Filler Comprehensive
Training Program is a must.
The Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training is a hands-on full one-day course that seeks to
enhance your understanding of dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques while you develop
the necessary skills to practice and perform procedures, adhere to generally accepted
protocols, and properly assess dermal filler procedure candidates.
This seminar will take place at Washington, DC, and it is supported by didactic lectures and
training lessons with live patient models.
Approved for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours, this workshop is supervised by
board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level training on FDA-approved HA
and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance, Radiesse®, Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and
Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers.
Guided by specialists, in our Washington, DC, Dermal Filler Training Course, you will learn
techniques for placement and product selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
Additionally, you will know how to:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
For additional information you can visit the Washington, DC, Dermal Filler Training Courses
page or call us at 866-333-6747.
Who the event is for?
This seminar features the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals in Washington, DC, and it counts as 8 hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation.
Empire Medical Training requires attendees to complete the Empire Video On Demand or
Empire-Virtual-Training before participating in the Live Patient Practical Training Module to
ensure the highest level of participation from attendees and safeguard attending volunteer
As a fantastic alternative for people who cannot participate in our Washington, DC, workshop,
we have designed a virtual training where you will have the opportunity to ask questions and
interact with the Physician instructor. After registration, you will gain access to the Empire’s
education portal with access to all training materials.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Every attendee is required to download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance
your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
The Empire Medical Training’s Washington DC training team are eagerly awaiting the chance to welcome you to our training course in the nation’s capital.
In the section below, you will discover more information about:
- Different accommodation options available in Washington DC
- How to get here and get around
- The best things to see and do in Washington DC and the surrounding area
As you would expect, Washington DC is an extremely well-connected city. Although we would recommend you stay at our host hotel, the Grand Hyatt Washington, you can choose between many other accommodation options.
The Grand Hyatt Washington
Many Washington DC major attractions are within easy reach whether you have rented a car or prefer to get around by other means.
When staying at the Grand Hyatt Washington, you can enjoy plenty of top-quality facilities, including:
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Fitness Center
- Digital check-in
- Business services
- Excellent meeting facilities
How to Get to The Grand Hyatt Washington
Washington DC city center is a short drive from the two main Washington DC airports. Take a look at some extra information on how to get here from either one of them.
From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Take George Washington Memorial Pkwy, I-395 N and 12th St Expy to 12th St NW in Washington DC
- Continue on 12th St NW. Drive to 11th St NW
From Washington Dulles International Airport
- Drive from VA-267 E and I-66 E to Washington. Take the exit for US-50 E from I-66 E
- Follow US-50 E/Constitution Ave. NW and 12th St NW to 11th St NW
The big car rental companies serve all of the region’s airports, and you also have the option of renting a car via all the major companies. If you would prefer not to rent a car, ride-hailing apps like Uber and Lyft are available throughout the Washington DC area.
There are countless different accommodation options that you can bear in mind if you choose not to stay at our main host hotel:
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Hilton Garden Inn Reagan
- Courtyard by Marriott Arlington
- Hyatt Regency Crystal City
- Hilton Washington DC Capitol
- The Westin Crystal City
- Crystal City Marriott
- Renaissance Arlington Capital
What to Do In Washington DC
When you are not taking part in training, there is plenty of time available to explore and experience Washington DC and the surrounding area. Renting a car allows you to explore the city at your leisure, but there is plenty to see on foot and by public transportation if you would prefer. No matter which type of transport option you choose, you don’t have to go too far away to discover the city and beyond.
Outdoor Activities in Washington DC and Surrounding Areas
Outdoor activities are a great option to rest and unwind after your main training activities, and Washington DC has plenty to enjoy. Taking the opportunity to get outside and experience everything that nature has to offer is certainly worthwhile.
- Rock Creek Park: Boasting the title of being the very first national park in the whole country, there are plenty of hiking trails that take you all around the area and past its many landmarks.
- Meridian Hill Park: You do not have to go outside the city limits to enjoy a natural space. One of the central features that has become a symbol of the park is the cascading fountain which is one of the country’s longest.
- National Mall: With the nickname of America’s front yard, you already have a good idea of what to expect from the National Mall, but it still has the capacity to make you sit up and take notice all the same.
- Kingman Island: There is no doubt that this haven for boating, fishing and biking is the type of natural space that appeals to all sorts of different people. Though it is a manmade island, it is aesthetically stunning.
- US National Arboretum: Right in the heart of the city is the arboretum, which has national in the title, meaning that it has to represent everything that DC is all about. It is different each time you visit.
Culture and Entertainment in Washington DC and Beyond
As the nation’s capital, Washington DC is a city that has more than its fair share of both culture and entertainment. When you stay here at the conference's host hotel, you have easy access to many of the most famous and celebrated attractions.
- White House: Right at the top of the list of potential attractions that you could go and see in Washington DC is the White House. While tours are hard to come by, simply being in the presence of the great building is a special moment.
- US Capitol: You can organize a tour of the building if you give yourself enough time to contact your Senator or Representative. Otherwise, the outside of the building makes for a great enough experience.
- Smithsonian Museum: As a city that is home to more than its fair share of museums, it has to be a particularly special one to encourage you to visit ahead of all the others, but this is exactly what the Smithsonian has to offer.
- Lincoln Memorial: You could not say that you had been to DC without a trip over to the serenity of the Lincoln Memorial and all that it represents to the USA.
- Alexandria: While it is not a part of the city itself, you can easily take a little trip over the river to enjoy and experience an old colonial town.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews