About the WorkshopThe Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop in Tampa, FL, features the latest
cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare
This workshop provides a comprehensive roadmap toward enhanced patient care and improved
decision-making when choosing FDA-approved Dermal Fillers injections according to G-Prime
Likewise, this seminar has been approved by the AMA for a maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA
Category 1 Credit(s)TM) and 8 hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation
Our goal is a successful and more conscious aesthetic practice. We have built our courses to
get you there.
Additional Course Information
Currently, hyaluronic acid (HA) products make up more than 94% of the soft dermal filler market,
and given the rise and preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures, is forecast a CAGR
growth of 6.58% from 2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021).
With this in mind, partaking in a Dermal Filler Comprehensive Training Program is a must.
Empire Medical Training offers a hands-on one-day course, permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category
1 CME CreditTM hours.
Supported by both didactic lectures and training lessons with live patient models, this program
aims to help you learn more about dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques through didactic
lectures and training with live patient models. Upon completing this seminar, you will have
developed the skills necessary to practice and perform procedures, adhere to generally
accepted protocols and properly evaluate candidates for dermal filler procedures.
Supervised by board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level training on
FDA-approved HA and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance, Radiesse®,
Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers, this course is taking
place at The Westshore Grand in Tampa, FL.
During the Dermal Filler Training Course in Tampa, FL, you will receive methodical guidance
from our specialists. Upon completion of this course, you will know techniques for placement
and product selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial areas:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
You will also become proficient in the following areas:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
For additional details, visit the Tampa, FL, Dermal Filler Training Courses page. You can also
contact our representatives by phoning 866-333-6747.
Who the event is for?
The Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop in Tampa, FL, features the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals.
Before partaking in the Live Patient, Hands-On Practice Training Module, we require the
attendees to complete the Empire’s Video On Demand or the Empire-Virtual-Training. Fulfilling
this prerequisite will ensure attendees' highest participation level and safeguard attending
volunteer patients attending our Tampa, FL, course.
The virtual training is a fantastic alternative for the people unable to be on the Tampa, FL,
training course as they will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the Physician
Additionally, after registration, they will access the Empire’s education portal, where they will find
training materials such as treatment forms, consent forms, patient intake forms, and before/after
photos, among others.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Every attendee is required to download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance
your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training's Tampa team welcomes you to The Sunshine State! One of Florida's most vibrant cities, Tampa provides an assortment of exciting attractions alongside the state's famous hot weather.
If you haven't had the opportunity to explore Tampa before, we have spotlighted the following key points to make planning your trip a breeze:
- Where to stay in Tampa
- How to reach the program venue and explore Tampa
- Must-visit Tampa attractions
Are you planning to fly to Tampa? If you are, you will want to ensure your itinerary involves either Tampa International Airport or St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport. Downtown Tampa can be reached in less than ten minutes by car from Tampa International Airport, while the journey is less than a 20-minute drive from St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport.
Even though there are many accommodation possibilities in Tampa, we recommend spending your weekend at our host hotel, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Downtown Convention Center.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Downtown Convention Center
The three-star Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Downtown Convention Center is centrally positioned and equipped with everything required for a comfortable stay. Attractions such as Amalie Arena and the Florida Aquarium are within walking distance, while the TECO Line has a stop right outside the Hilton's door.
You will get to enjoy the following when you book this hotel:
- The modern, well-sized suites all incorporate a separate living area, large flat-screen TV, refrigerator, and microwave
- Each suite features stunning views of either the city or bay
- The spacious outdoor pool is an inviting amenity after a hard day's work
- For those wanting to maintain their exercise routines, a well-equipped fitness center is available
- A made-to-order breakfast is served each morning on a complimentary basis. A free evening reception is also provided
- TASTE is an on-site restaurant that utilizes locally sourced ingredients for modern American dishes, while a Starbucks Café is also available
- The hotel has over 11,000 square feet of event space
How to Get Here
If you're flying into Tampa, here's how to reach the host hotel by car from the two major airports servicing the city:
From Tampa International Airport
- From the airport, get onto George J Bean Inbound Parkway/George J Bean Parkway and head north-east towards Airport Recirculation Drive.
- After 2.3 miles, stick to the right lane and use the slip road to join I-275 N/Tampa.
- Continue down I-275 N for approximately five miles before heading towards I-4. Use the right lane to go down exit 44.
- Follow the signs for N Tampa Street. Continue to S Florida Avenue, where the hotel can be found on your right.
From St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport
- Use the Airport Parkway to get onto Roosevelt Boulevard and FL-688 E/Ulmerton Road.
- Stick left, follow the I-275 N/Tampa signs, and eventually merge onto I-275 N.
- Stay on I-275 N for 11.7 miles. Then get onto the right lane, take exit 44, and head towards Downtown W.
- Stick to the right lane. Follow the Tampa Street signs until you eventually get onto N Tampa Street.
- From N Tampa Street, head to S Florida Avenue. The hotel is located on your right.
If you're only planning to stay in Tampa, you can get around with ease with the provided public transport. This includes over 200 buses and the TECO Line Streetcar servicing the city. However, if you expect to travel further afield, it is advised to rent a car to explore Florida with relative ease and convenience.
If our host hotel is sold out or doesn't grab your attention, there are various alternative accommodations available. Here are a few highly-rated options found in central Tampa:
- Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown
- JW Marriott Tampa Water Street
- Hotel Haya
- Le Meridien Tampa
- Hyatt Place Tampa Downtown
- Aloft Tampa Downtown
- The Westin Tampa Waterside
What to Do
You're here to become an expert in Botox. However, it doesn't mean your entire time in Tampa has to be focused on work. As one of the most popular destinations in the world, Florida has an endless list of things to do – and Tampa is home to a number of attractions worth visiting.
Outdoor Activities in Tampa and Surrounding Areas
With the enticing Florida weather in mind, it makes sense to sample one of Tampa's outdoor activities. Here are our recommendations:
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: Combining theme park thrills with animal encounters, Busch Gardens is the most popular attraction in Tampa. With multiple rollercoasters, thousands of wildlife, and endless activities available, it's no surprise many people venture outside the Orlando theme park bubble to the acclaimed Busch Gardens.
- Tampa Riverwalk: Stretching over two-and-a-half miles, this downtown waterfront promenade boasts an assortment of trendy stores and restaurants.
- ZooTampa at Lowry Park: For a more tranquil setting than Busch Gardens, this award-winning zoo is the place to go. With 63 acres to explore, you can get up close and feed rhinos, giraffes, and other popular wildlife.
- Lettuce Lake Park: Located just outside Tampa's city limits, Lettuce Lake Park is a charming 240-acre space where you can rent a canoe, go up the three-story observation tower, and search the swamp for wildlife.
Culture and Entertainment in Tampa and Beyond
There are numerous reasons why Tampa is one of the most visited cities in Florida, and its selection of culture and entertainment attractions is a big reason. Below are the highlights:
- The Florida Aquarium: With habitats that range from Stingray Beach (touch the rays as they glide through the shallow pool) to The Wetlands of Florida (home to gators, birds, and river otters), The Florida Aquarium has something for everyone to enjoy.
- Salvador Dalí Museum: Situated just outside Tampa, this museum, which houses an unparalleled collection of Dalí works, is the ideal place to visit for fans of the legendary Spanish artist.
- J.C. Newman Cigar Company: Tampa was once known as Cigar City, and you can get a peek into this history by taking a tour of the J.C. Newman Cigar Company, a city institution since 1895.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Showcasing the Victorian lifestyle in its full glory, this museum, situated in the 1891 Tampa Bay hotel, gives you the chance to step back in time and gain an authentic perspective of Florida's Gilded Age.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews