About the WorkshopThe Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop features the latest cutting-edge Dermal
Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals in San
This course provides a comprehensive roadmap toward enhanced patient care and improved
decision-making when choosing FDA-approved Dermal Fillers injections according to G-Prime
The AMA approves our Dermal Filler Workshop for a maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA
Category 1 Credit(s)TM) and 8 hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation.
At Empire Medical Training, we have built our courses to get you to a successful and more
conscious aesthetic practice.
Additional Course Information
Nowadays, the Dermal Filler Comprehensive Training Program is a must as trends have taught
us that Hyaluronic Acid products (HA) consist in over 94% of the soft dermal filler market, there
is a rise and preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures, and a projected CAGR growth of
6.58% from 2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021).
Taking place at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco, here’s an overview of Empire Medical Training’s
Dermal Filler Workshop:
Permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours, the program seeks to enhance your
understanding of dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques while you develop the necessary
skills to practice and perform procedures, adhere to generally accepted protocols, and properly
assess dermal filler procedure candidates.
Supported by didactic lectures and training lessons with live patient models, this hands-on full
one-day course is supervised by board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level
training on FDA-approved HA and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance,
Radiesse®, Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers.
Receive methodical guidance from our specialists during the Dermal Filler Training Course in
San Francisco, CA, to gain a broader understanding of techniques for placement and product
selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial areas:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
Upon completion this course, you will also know:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
Visit the Dermal Filler Training Courses page for additional information, or call us at
866-333-6747 to speak with one of our representatives.
Who the event is for?
The Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop features the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals in San Francisco, CA.
Before attending our San Francisco, CA course, Empire Medical Training requires you to
complete the Empire's Video On Demand or the Empire-Virtual-Training.
It is essential to complete this prerequisite before partaking in the Live Patient, Hands-On
Practice Training Module to ensure the highest level of participation from attendees and
safeguard attending volunteer patients.
During the virtual training, you can ask questions and interact with the Physician instructor. After
registration, you will gain access to the Empire’s education portal with access to all training
materials. This seminar is a fantastic alternative for people who cannot participate in our San
Francisco, CA, workshop.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Each participant must download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos; they are
a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions according to the CDC’s guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and must always follow CDC
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training's San Francisco training team are looking forward to welcoming you to one of the country's most iconic cities, which is a place that is full of life and vibrancy.
In the below section, you will find out more about:
- Some of the accommodation options available in San Francisco
- Info on how to get there (and get around once you're comfortably settled in)
- What to see and do in San Francisco and the surrounding regions
San Francisco is the cultural, commercial, and financial capital of California. Although we would recommend you stay at our host hotel, the Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront, there are plenty of other accommodation options if you choose.
The Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront
Staying at the hotel, you have the opportunity to access many of the attractions that make San Francisco such a world-famous city. You can find many of the main attractions on foot or via public transport, and plenty more is accessible by car.
While you are staying at the Marriott, you can expect all sorts of amenities, including:
- Enhanced high-speed Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel
- Concierge desk
- Meeting event space
- Central location
- Smart TV
- Contemporary, comfortable décor
- Parking available on-site
How to Get To The Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront
San Francisco city center is a short drive from the three nearby airports. Here's some extra info on how to get here from either one of them.
From San Francisco International Airport
- Take US-101 S to E Millbrae Ave in Millbrae. Take exit 420 from US-101 S
- Continue on E Millbrae Ave to your destination in Burlingame
From Oakland International Airport
- Get on I-880 S from 98th Ave
- Follow I-880 S, CA-92 W and US-101 N to Old Bayshore Hwy in Burlingame. Take exit 419B from US-101 N
- Follow Old Bayshore Hwy to your destination
From Norman Y. Mineta San José International Airport
- Get on CA-87 N from Airport Blvd, Airport Pkwy and Technology Dr
- Follow US-101 N to Old Bayshore Hwy in Burlingame. Take exit 419B from US-101 N
- Follow Old Bayshore Hwy to your destination
Though there are plenty of public transport and walking options, you can get around the local area by renting a car too. All the major car rental companies serve all of the region's airports. If you don't want to rent a car, ride-hailing apps like Uber and Lyft are available throughout the San Francisco area.
If you want to stay anywhere else other than our chosen host hotel, there are several different accommodation options that you can bear in mind:
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco
- Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco
- The Westin St. Francis San Francisco
- Hotel Nikko San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis
- The Marker San Francisco
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco
- Omni San Francisco Hotel
What to Do In San Francisco
When you are not taking part in training, there is a lot to explore and experience in San Francisco and the surrounding region. If you have rented a car, you will have the maximum amount of freedom to explore the city at your leisure, but there is a lot to see on foot and by public transportation. No matter what you choose, you will not have to go too far away to discover the world-famous city and everything it has to offer.
Outdoor Activities in San Francisco and Surrounding Areas
The weather in and around San Francisco is relatively stable, with mild winters and warm summers. This means that outdoor activities are always going to be an option. As one of the most beloved cities in the USA, you certainly want to get outside and enjoy everything you can.
- Golden Gate Park: If there is one site that people associate with the city of San Francisco more than any other, it is certainly the Golden Gate Bridge. As well as getting a fantastic view of the bridge, you can enjoy all the parkland in the area.
- Fisherman's Wharf: Another one of the city's most iconic places is where you can catch a boat across to Alcatraz. There are also plenty of restaurants, bars and other activities to enjoy.
- Coit Tower: If you are looking to enjoy some of the most incredible views of this special city, there is no doubt that this should be one of the first places to head to.
- Angel Island: You will need to take a public ferry or a private boat to access this private island, which stretches to 740-acres.
- Palace of Fine Arts: If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this is the place to get some much-needed respite.
Culture and Entertainment in San Francisco and Beyond
San Francisco needs no real introduction, and many of the sites will already be well-known to you. When you stay at the Marriott, you are within easy reach of many of the most famous and celebrated attractions.
- Alcatraz: This island prison is known for holding some of the world's most notorious prisoners, and there are plenty of tours available for you to take part in. Make sure to book in advance.
- Golden Gate Bridge: Crossing this world-famous bridge is an integral part of a visit to San Francisco. You can head across on foot or rent a bike.
- Chinatown: One of the oldest and largest of the country's Chinatowns is a fantastic place to enjoy some tasty dishes and excellent nightlife.
- Cable Cars: Still running as well as ever and a convenient way to get around the city, you certainly need to hop on board at some point during your visit.
California Academy of Sciences: Featuring an aquarium, a planetarium, and a national history museum, there is a lot to see and enjoy.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews