About the WorkshopAt Empire Medical Training we have built our courses with the goal of achieving a successful
and more conscious aesthetic practice.
Approved by the AMA for a maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM) and 8
hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation, the Empire Medical Training’s
Dermal Filler Workshop features the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians,
nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals located in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ.
Likewise, this course provides a comprehensive roadmap toward enhanced patient care and
improved decision-making when choosing FDA approved Dermal Fillers injections according to
G-Prime rating standards.
Additional Course Information
Currently, hyaluronic acid (HA) products make up more than 94% of the soft dermal filler market,
and given the rise and preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures, is forecast a CAGR
growth of 6.58% from 2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021).
With this in mind, Empire Medical Training has designed a Comprehensive Dermal Filler
Training Program permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours.
Taking place at The Westin Phoenix Downtown in Phoenix, AZ, this workshop is a hands-on full
one-day course, supervised by board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level
training on FDA-approved HA and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance,
Radiesse®, Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers.
Supported by both didactic lectures and training lessons with live patient models, the program
seeks to enhance your understanding of dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques while you
develop the necessary skills to practice and perform procedures, adhere to generally accepted
protocols, and properly assess dermal filler procedure candidates.
During the Dermal Filler Training Course in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ, you will receive methodical
guidance from our specialists. Upon completion of this course, you will know techniques for
placement and product selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial areas:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
You will also learn how to:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
For additional details, visit the Dermal Filler Training Courses page. You can also contact our
representatives by phoning 866-333-6747.
Who the event is for?
Empire Medical Training offers the Dermal Filler Workshop for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals in Philadelphia, PA, who want to learn the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques.
Before partaking in the Live Patient, Hands-On Practice Training Module, we require the
attendees to complete the Empire’s Video On Demand or the Empire-Virtual-Training. Fulfilling
this prerequisite will ensure attendees' highest participation level and safeguard attending
volunteer patients attending our Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ, course.
During virtual training, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the
Physician instructor. After registration, you will gain access to the Empire’s education portal with
access to all training materials. This seminar is a fantastic alternative for people who cannot
participate in our Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ, workshop.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Every attendee is required to download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance
your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training’s Botox Scottsdale training team is excited to welcome you to the beautiful Valley of the Sun — “the Valley,” as locals know it. You’re going to love your stay here!
Read on to learn more about:
- Where to stay in Scottsdale
- How to get there (and get around once you’re settled in)
- Fun things to do and see in Scottsdale and surrounding communities
Scottsdale is conveniently situated on the western edge of the Valley of the Sun, approximately 20 minutes by car from downtown Phoenix. Although we’re partial to our host hotel, the Scottsdale Marriott Old Town, you can choose from dozens of fine lodging options in and around the city.
Scottsdale Marriott Old Town
Located in historic Old Town Scottsdale, it’s close to the shops, restaurants, museums, and outdoor attractions that make this corner of the Valley so appealing.
When you stay at this special all-suite hotel, you’ll enjoy amenities like:
- Separate living and sleeping areas in every room
- A wet bar and mini-fridge in your living area
- Free high-speed WiFi
- A smart HDTV
- A spacious, comfortable work area
- Private balconies from select suites
- A fitness center and pool
- Covered parking on site with complimentary electric charging stations
- Nearly 10,000 square feet of meeting space
How to Get Here
Scottsdale is a short drive from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. Back up your GPS with these easy driving directions:
From Sky Harbor and Downtown Phoenix
- Use the airport exit at S 41st Street and follow signs for E Sky Harbor Blvd.
- Follow E Sky Harbor Blvd. for approximately 1 mile, then use the left 2 lanes to merge onto AZ-202/AZ-202 Loop eastbound.
- Follow AZ-202 for approximately 2 miles, then take the Scottsdale Rd. exit (Exit 7).
- Take a slight left onto Scottsdale Rd. heading north.
- Follow Scottsdale Rd. for approximately 3 miles, then turn right onto E 3rd Ave.
- Look for the Scottsdale Marriott Old Town sign on your right.
From Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport
- Use the Front St./E Sossaman Rd. airport exit and follow signs to AZ-202.
- Follow AZ-202/AZ-202 Loop northbound for approximately 3 miles, then take the exit for AZ-60 westbound (Exit 30B).
- Follow AZ-60 westbound for approximately 12 miles, then take Exit 176B to merge onto AZ-101/AZ-101 Loop northbound.
- Follow AZ-101 northbound for approximately 8 miles, then take Exit 47 for Indian School Rd. westbound.
- Follow Indian School Rd. westbound for approximately 2.5 miles, then turn right onto N Buckboard Trail.
- Look for the Scottsdale Marriott Old Town sign on your left.
The best way to get around the Valley is by car, and major car rental companies serve both of the region’s airports. If you prefer not to rent a car, Uber and Lyft have great coverage throughout the area.
If you’d prefer not to stay with us at the Scottsdale Marriott Old Town, consider any of these fine properties nearby:
- Hampton Inn Scottsdale
- Canopy by Hilton Scottsdale Old Town
- Aloft Scottsdale
- Hyatt House Scottsdale
- The Saguaro Scottsdale
- Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch Resort and Spa
- Millennium McCormick Scottsdale
- Residence Inn by Marriott Tempe
- Tempe Mission Palms
- DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Mesa
- Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Mesa
- Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix-Mesa
- Hilton Garden Inn Chandler Downtown
- Crowne Plaza Phoenix-Chandler
What to Do
We hope you’ll take some time outside of training to explore Scottsdale and perhaps beyond. Some of the Valley’s most popular attractions lie within a short walk or drive of Old Town Scottsdale.
Outdoor Activities in Scottsdale and Surrounding Areas
The weather in and around Scottsdale is perfect for outdoor activity for much of the year. Experience the Sonoran landscape at these popular outdoor attractions near Old Town Scottsdale:
- Pinnacle Peak Park: A popular city park with a 1.75-mile out-and-back hiking trail through an unspoiled desert environment.
- Camelback Mountain: A more challenging out-and-back hike to the top of a central Scottsdale high point. The sweeping city and mountain views more than justify the effort.
- Desert Botanical Garden and Papago Park: See otherworldly red rock formations and native desert flora at this expansive Phoenix city park.
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve: Explore more than 100 miles of trails (if you have the time) across 30,000 desert acres on Scottsdale’s eastern fringe.
- McCormick Ranch Golf Club: Play a round at one of the Southwest’s finest courses, bar none.
Culture and Entertainment in Scottsdale and Beyond
Scottsdale is a cultural hub for the Valley of the Sun. You’ll find some of these attractions and experiences within walking distance of our hotel. Others are just a short drive away.
- Old Town Scottsdale: Your home away from home while you’re our guests. Enjoy contemporary Southwestern architecture as you sample local boutiques, restaurants, and galleries.
- Fashion Square: Scottsdale’s high-end shopping destination. A must for window shoppers.
- Scottsdale Wine Trail: Pick up a wine trail passport to get preferred pricing at Scottsdale’s four wine tasting rooms, featuring vintages from Arizona and beyond.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA): Reserve your timed-entry ticket in advance and enjoy a sampling of the past 150 years of art history.
- Scottsdale’s Museum of the West: Learn all about the complex social and economic history of the Valley of the Sun.
- Arizona Heritage Center at Papago Park: A service of the Arizona Historical Society, the AZ Heritage Center features permanent and temporary exhibits rich with primary sources.
Pueblo Grande Museum Archaeological Park: Operated by the city of Phoenix, this museum features multiple exhibits showcasing the Hohokam people, who lived and farmed in the Valley for about 1,000 years in the first and second millennia A.D.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews