About the WorkshopEmpire Medical Training offers the Dermal Filler Workshop for physicians, nurses, dentists, and
licensed healthcare professionals in Philadelphia, PA, who want to learn the latest cutting-edge
Dermal Filler techniques.
Our Dermal Filler Workshop provides a comprehensive roadmap toward enhanced patient care
and improved decision-making when choosing FDA-approved Dermal Fillers injections
according to G-Prime rating standards. Likewise, it has been approved by the AMA for a
maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM) and 8 hours of continuing nursing
education for ANCC Accreditation.
Our goal is a successful and more conscious aesthetic practice. We have built our courses to
get you there.
Additional Course Information
Here’s an overview of what you will learn in the Dermal Filler Training program that will take
place at The Warwick Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia, PA.
With over 94% of the soft dermal filler market consisting of hyaluronic acid products (HA), the
rise and preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures, and a projected CAGR growth of
6.58% from 2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021), the Dermal Filler
Comprehensive Training Program is a must.
Our Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training is a hands-on full one-day course that seeks to
enhance your understanding of dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques while you develop
the necessary skills to practice and perform procedures, adhere to generally accepted
protocols, and properly assess dermal filler procedure candidates.
Supported by both didactic lectures and training lessons with live patient models, this workshop
is supervised by board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level training on
FDA-approved HA and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance, Radiesse®,
Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers.
The course is permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours.
During the Philadelphia, PA, Dermal Filler Training Course, you will receive methodical guidance
from our specialists. After the course, you will have a broader understanding of techniques for
placement, and product selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial areas:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
Likewise, upon completion, you will know how to:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
For additional details, visit the Dermal Filler Training Courses page. You can also contact our
representatives by phoning 866-333-6747.
Who the event is for?
Empire Medical Training offers the Dermal Filler Workshop for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals in Philadelphia, PA, who want to learn the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques.
To assure the highest level of participation from attendees and safeguard attending volunteer
patients attending our Philadelphia, PA, training course, Empire Medical Training requires you to
complete the Empire’s Video On Demand or the Empire-Virtual-Training before partaking in the
Live Patient, Hands-On Practice Training Module.
After registering for our courses, you can access Empire's educational portal with access to all
training manuals and materials. Likewise, as a fantastic alternative for people who cannot
participate in our virtual training in our Philadelphia, PA, workshop, you can participate and
interact with Physician instructors.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Every attendee is required to download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance
your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
Our Botox® Philadelphia team welcomes you to the “City of Brotherly Love”! “The largest city in Pennsylvania and one of the most visited destinations in the country, Philadelphia is steeped in history, attractions, and things to do. This makes it a great place to explore once you’re finished with your training.
To prepare for your trip, the following information will spotlight:
- Where to stay in Philadelphia
- Reaching our Philadelphia venue
- Getting around Philadelphia
- Philadelphia attractions you need to visit
Philadelphia is a large city packed with history. To get the most out of your trip to Philadelphia, you want to stay in accommodation with a prime central location. You want a base that’s not only comfortable but one which makes it easy for getting around. Those are the qualities boasted by our host hotel, the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown.
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown
The Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown is more than just the host of our Philadelphia Complete Botox Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics workshops. It is a three-star hotel with all the facilities you could need for a productive, comfortable stay. The property’s main highlight, its downtown location, also means you are within minutes of some of the city’s most revered attractions.
To get a better idea about the hotel, here’s a quick rundown of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown’s main features:
- Bright, modern, and well-sized, the rooms all feature a large television and ergonomic workspace
- Suites offer additional space along with picturesque views of downtown Philly
- The large fitness center is open to hotel users 24/7 and incorporates state-of-the-art equipment
- The 24-hour front desk is ready to welcome you, while the concierge service can help plan out activities for your stay
- On-site dining can be found via the cozy Lobby Lounge & Restaurant
- Open on weekends, the inviting Terrace Café provides a charming setting to enjoy breakfast and lunch
How to Get Here
Thanks to its location right in the heart of Philadelphia, you won’t struggle to find or reach the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown. It’s also less than ten miles from Philadelphia International Airport, which means you can get out of the airport and at the hotel within 20 minutes by car.
From Philadelphia International Airport
If you rent a car from Philadelphia International Airport, here’s how to get to the hotel without any issue – other than potential traffic!
- Exit the airport and drive onto Interstate 95 South to Exit 22
- Continue the journey on Highway 676 West, going until you reach the Broad Street Exit
- Get onto 15th street and continue for half a block until you reach Spring Street
- On Spring Street, turn right and continue for one block, taking a right turn onto 16th Street
- Travel a further quarter-block, and you will see the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown on your left
If a rental car is not on the agenda, there are alternative methods for getting to the hotel and around the city. A one-way taxi to the hotel will only set you back $25 approximately. The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), ranking as one of the top ten in the nation’s best, also supplies a train service that takes you directly from the airport to the city center. You are then within comfortable walking distance of the hotel.
Getting around Philadelphia
When the time comes to travel in and around Philadelphia, taxis are available 24 hours a day, but cycling is another option for you. Philadelphia is among the best places to ride a bike because it is so bike-friendly. There are more than 440 miles of bike-only lanes, and you can easily rent bikes at 140 stations across the city. Simply jump off the SEPTA train and hire a bike to get you where you need to go. Tickets for a SEPTA day pass cost around $2.50. The subway trains will operate on a 24-hour basis while the other modes of transport will vary slightly with, on average, a 15-minute wait for the next bus, train, or trolley to arrive at their stop.
If you do hire a car, then these are the nearest car rentals to the airport:
Nearby Car Rentals:
- Budget: 215-492-9043
- Dollar Rent-A-Car: 866-434-2226
- Hertz: 215-492-7200
Is the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown not to your tastes? Perhaps rooms are sold out during the training weekend? Maybe you’re seeking more affordable accommodation? Whatever the reason, there are various other nearby hotels that provide a comfortable time in central Philadelphia:
- Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center
- The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City – Convention Center
- Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia Center City
- Club Quarters Hotel, Philadelphia, Rittenhouse Square
- Sofitel Philadelphia at Rittenhouse Square
What to Do in Philadelphia
Philadelphia is packed with things to do and see, ensuring there’s something for everyone to enjoy. For history buffs, there’s the Liberty Bell. For movie buffs, there’s the “Rocky Steps.” For those that want to sample local delights, look no further than Philly cheesesteaks.
Outdoor Activities and Attractions in Philadelphia
The museums might grab the headlines, but Philadelphia is also home to numerous parks and other outdoor spots. Here are our recommendations:
- Philadelphia Zoo: Known as the United States’ first true zoo, the charming Philly Zoo is home to almost 1,300 animals, exciting exhibits, and much more to entice visitors of all ages.
- Spruce Street Harbor Park: Positioned on the Delaware River Waterfront, this park exudes coolness. It features everything from eye-catching floating gardens to colorful hammocks.
- Schuylkill River Trail: While it’s technically not just Philadelphia that benefits from this attraction, the Schuylkill River Trail – a multi-use path that currently extends 30 miles – is worth a mention. Meandering along Schuylkill River, there’s no better trail to go for a walk, jog, or bike ride in Philly.
- LOVE Park: This attraction is famous for hosting one of Philadelphia’s most iconic monuments: the LOVE sculpture by Robert Indiana. Once you’ve got your snap of this artwork, take the time to enjoy this small yet charming park.
Culture and Entertainment in Philadelphia
A haven of history and culture, Philadelphia is the place if you love a museum or two. Yet there are loads of other attractions for those seeking a more exhilarating experience:
- Philadelphia Museum of Art: The exterior area was made famous thanks to Rocky Balboa. Yet after you’ve bust a gut running up the “Rocky Steps,” make sure you take the time to savor the exhibits found in the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Independence Hall: There are many historical sites in Philadelphia, but the highlight is arguably Independence Hall. Learn more about the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution as you stand in the room where both documents were signed.
- The Met Philadelphia: A recently renovated opera house, the 3,500-seater Met Philadelphia is the place to catch a live music or comedy show in Philly.
- Reading Terminal Market: Open since 1892, this market is a treat for the senses – particularly your taste buds. You’ll find everything from classic Philly cheesesteaks to traditional Amish cuisine at the Reading Terminal Market.
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens: Few museums can match the imaginative, creative nature of Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens. As you explore the hallways and courtyards, you’ll be struck by an array of mosaics that truly make this a ‘magic’ destination.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews