About the WorkshopThe Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop in Miami, FL, features the latest
cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare
This workshop provides a comprehensive roadmap toward enhanced patient care and improved
decision-making when choosing FDA-approved Dermal Fillers injections according to G-Prime
rating standards, and the AMA approves it for a maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA Category 1
Credit(s)TM) and 8 hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation.
Additional Course Information
Soft dermal fillers composed of hyaluronic acid (HA) products account for over 94% of the
market. They are projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.58% from 2021 to 2028, driven by the rising
popularity of non-invasive aesthetic procedures and $9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021).
With this in mind, partaking in a Dermal Filler Comprehensive Training Program is a must, and
Empire Medical Training offers a hands-on one-day course where you can achieve this goal.
Permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours, this workshop is supervised by
board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level training on FDA-approved HA
and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance, Radiesse®, Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and
Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers.
This program aims to help you learn more about dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques
through didactic lectures and training with live patient models. Upon successful completion of
this semar you will have developed the skills necessary to practice and perform procedures,
adhere to generally accepted protocols and properly evaluate candidates for dermal filler
Under the methodical guidance of our specialists at our Miami, FL, Dermal Filler Training
Course, you will gain a greater understanding of placement techniques and the selection of
products to eliminate or improve the following facial areas:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
You will also become proficient in the following areas:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
For additional details, visit the Dermal Filler Training Courses page. You can also contact our
representatives by phoning 866-333-6747.
Who the event is for?
The Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop in Miami, FL, features the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals.
Empire Medical Training requires you to complete the Empire's Video On Demand or the
Empire-Virtual-Training before participating in the Live Patient, Hands-On Practice Training
Module. These prerequisites will ensure attendees' highest level of participation and safeguard
attending volunteer patients at our Miami, FL, training course.
The virtual training is a fantastic alternative for the people unable to be on the Miami, FL,
training course as they will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the Physician
Additionally, after registration, they will access the Empire’s education portal, where they will find
training materials such as treatment forms, consent forms, patient intake forms, and before/after
photos, among others.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Every attendee is required to download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance
your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews