About the WorkshopApproved by the AMA for a maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM) and 8
hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation, the Dermal Filler Workshop
features the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques.
This seminar provides a comprehensive roadmap toward enhanced patient care and improved
decision-making when choosing FDA-approved Dermal Fillers injections according to G-Prime
It has been designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals,
and it will take place in the Marriott Anaheim in Los Angeles, CA.
At Empire Medical Training, we aim to achieve a successful, more mindful aesthetic practice.
We have built our courses to get you there.
Additional Course Information
With over 94% of the soft dermal filler market consisting of hyaluronic acid products (HA), the
rise and preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures, and a projected CAGR growth of
6.58% from 2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021), the Dermal Filler
Comprehensive Training Program is a must.
For that reason, Empire Medical Training has designed a hands-on full one-day course,
permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours.
During our Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training program, you will improve your understanding
of dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques while you develop the necessary skills to practice
and perform procedures, adhere to generally accepted protocols, and properly assess dermal
filler procedure candidates.
Supervised by board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level training on
FDA-approved HA and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance, Radiesse®,
Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers this workshop is
supported by didactic lectures and training lessons with live patient models.
During the Dermal Filler Training Course in Los Angeles, CA, you will receive methodical
guidance from our specialists to gain a deeper comprehension of techniques for placement as
well as product selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial areas after the course:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
During this workshop, you will also learn how to:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
For additional details, visit the Dermal Filler Training Courses page. You can also contact our
representatives by phoning 866-333-6747.
Who the event is for?
Designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals in Las Vegas, NV, the Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop offer the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques.
Before partaking in the Live Patient, Hands-On Practice Training Module of our Los Angeles,
CA, training course, Empire Medical Training requires you to complete the Empire's Video On
Demand or the Empire-Virtual-Training.
This requirement will ensure attendees' highest level of participation and safeguard attending
volunteer patients attending our training course.
Our virtual training is a fantastic alternative for people who cannot attend our workshop in Los
Angeles, CA. During this course, they will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact
with the Physician instructor. After registration, they will access all our training materials on the
Empire’s education portal.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Every attendee is required to download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance
your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
Los Angeles training team at Empire Medical Training welcomes you to the City of Angels! Learn, bask in the warm Mediterranean climate, and enjoy the liveliness and activity of the United States' second-largest city.
To make the most of your visit, the following information will highlight:
- Where to stay in Los Angeles
- Getting to the venue and exploring Los Angeles
- Recommended local attractions
Los Angeles is situated in Southern California. It is approximately 26 miles from Anaheim, which is where our host hotel, the Anaheim Marriott, is situated. Yet if you'd like to stay elsewhere, there are many other highly rated accommodation options nearby and across LA.
The upscale Anaheim Marriott is an excellent base for a short trip or to fully explore Los Angeles County. It's surrounded by shops, dining options and is within walking distance of Disneyland Resort – the perfect destination to unwind after a weekend of learning.
If you want to make your life a little easier and stay at the Anaheim Marriott, these are the following amenities you can enjoy:
- Elegant, spacious rooms and suites with modern furnishings
- Each room option features a marble bathroom and plush pillowtop bedding
- Upgraded accommodations offer stunning balcony views
- A state-of-the-art fitness center open 24/7
- A spacious heated outdoor pool surrounded by beautiful palm trees
- Over 15,000 square meters of total event space
- On-site dining options including Slice Pizzeria and nFuse Restaurant, Bar & Lounge
How to Get Here
As the name suggests, the Anaheim Marriott is located in the heart of Anaheim. It is within a 20-minute drive of John Wayne Airport, while Long Beach Airport is also a short drive away.
The following guides show how to get from the airports mentioned above to our host hotel.
From John Wayne Airport
A one-way taxi fare from the airport to Anaheim Marriott is estimated to cost $45. If you're driving, however, here's what to do:
- On North Airport Way, travel northeast
- Continue until you're on JWA Roadway. Now make a slight right, so you're back onto N Airport Way
- Get onto MacArthur Boulevard by turning left
- Turn right and merge onto Interstate 405 North. Head towards Long Beach
- When you see exit 9A, take this and merge onto CA-55 North
- Journey a little over four miles until exit 10B for Interstate 5 North. This is towards Santa Ana
- Journey approximately six miles until exit 109 for Katella Avenue/Disney Way/Civic Center/Disneyland
- When you merge onto South Anaheim Way, continue to East Katella Avenue. Turn left
- Do another left turn onto South Harbor Boulevard. Get onto West Convention Way by taking the first right
- Do a U-turn. The Anaheim Marriott is on the right
From Long Beach Airport
As Long Beach Airport is slightly further away, a one-way taxi fare will set you back about $70. Here's how to get there with your own mode of transport:
- On Donald Douglas Drive, travel south towards Barbara London Drive
- Take a slight right and remain on Donald Douglas Drive
- Get onto North Lakewood Boulevard by taking a right turn
- Go onto the Interstate 405 South ramp
- Remain left before merging onto Interstate 405 South
- Journey a little over six miles before reaching CA-22 East/Garden Grove Freeway
- Travel a further seven miles before taking exit 12A for Harbor Boulevard South
- Continue to Harbor Boulevard by merging onto Trask Avenue
- Take a left turn and travel the boulevard for about two-and-a-half miles to West Convention Way
- Take another left turn, do a U-turn, and the Anaheim Marriott is on the right
Getting around Los Angeles
While the Los Angeles Metro offers an affordable solution for getting around, it is highly recommended to travel by car. Affordable car rental operators can be found at all major Los Angeles airports.
Nearby Car Rentals:
- Hertz: 714-750-4080
- Avis: (1) 562-988-3256
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 833-659-1917
Prefer a change of scenery when relaxing after a day of training? In that case, there are numerous commended accommodation options nearby. These include:
- Residence Inn by Marriott at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
- Hilton Anaheim
- Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
- Hyatt Regency Orange County
- Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
- The Westin Anaheim Resort
- Radisson Blu Anaheim
What to Do in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a destination that is bustling with activities and things to do. While your training weekend involves plenty of work, there's still time to explore LA and surrounding areas and experience some of the best attractions the area – and the U.S. in general – has to offer.
Outdoor Activities and Attractions in Los Angeles
With year-round warm weather and ample outdoor space, Los Angeles is the place to visit for adventures outside. Here are some of our favorite outdoor attractions in Los Angeles:
- Disneyland Resort: Incredible lands, rides, dining options, and much more. Millions of people visit California's Disneyland each year.
- Venice Beach: Los Angeles boasts multiple beaches, and Venice Beach is the busiest and most iconic one of them all.
- Los Angeles Zoo: See some of the most amazing animals, take in the botanical gardens, and spend the day at one of the best zoos on the planet.
- Griffith Park: With over 4,000 acres of land to explore, the park boasts stunning landscaped parkland, urban wilderness areas, and the world-famous Griffith Observatory.
- Hollywood Sign: One of the most famous landmarks on the planet, take the hike and get a perfect pic for your Instagram account!
Culture and Entertainment in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is home to many cultural attractions. All of these can be reached via a short car journey:
- The Getty Center: This is a museum that has something for everyone. The Getty supplies modern architecture, art from the Middle Ages, unique gardens, and breathtaking city views.
- Aquarium of the Pacific: Situated in Long Beach, this acclaimed aquarium offers mesmerizing exhibits which range from the shark lagoon to sea otter habitat.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art: Known as the West's largest art museum, the LACMA is an incredible feast of exhibitions and artistic creations.
- The Comedy Store: This popular comedy venue regularly hosts famous and upcoming acts.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews