About the WorkshopEmpire Medical Training's Dermal Filler Workshops provide physicians, nurses, dentists, and
licensed healthcare professionals in Cincinnati, Ohio, with the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler
The AMA approves our Dermal Filler Workshop for a maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA
Category 1 Credit(s)TM) and 8 hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation.
This comprehensive training enhances patient care and improves decision-making when
choosing FDA-approved Dermal Fillers injections according to G-Prime rating standards.
Our goal is a successful and more conscious aesthetic practice. We have built our courses to
help you get there.
Additional Course Information
Trends have taught us that Dermal Filler Comprehensive Training Program is essential since:
● Hyaluronic Acid products (HA) consist in over 94% of the soft dermal filler market
● rise and preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures
● projected CAGR growth of 6.58% from 2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR,
Empire Medical Training has designed a hands-on full one-day course to enhance your
understanding of dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques. At the same time, you develop the
necessary skills to practice and perform procedures, adhere to generally accepted protocols,
and properly assess dermal filler procedure candidates.
The Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training is supported by both didactic lectures and training
lessons with live patient models while supervised by board-certified aesthetic physician
instructors with top-tier level training on FDA-approved HA and non-HA fillers such as
Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance, Radiesse®, Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and Ultra Restylane®, as well
as other dermal fillers.
The course is permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours.
During the Cincinnati, OH, Dermal Filler Training Course, you will receive methodical guidance
from our specialists. After the course, you will have a broader understanding of techniques for
placement, and product selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial areas:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
Once you have completed the course, you will also know:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
Visit the Cincinnati, OH, Dermal Filler Training Courses page for additional information. You can
also call 866-333-6747 to speak with one of our representatives.
Who the event is for?
Empire Medical Training's Dermal Filler Workshops provide physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals in Cincinnati, Ohio, with the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques.
To assure the highest level of participation from attendees and safeguard attending volunteer
patients attending our Cincinnati, OH, training course, Empire Medical Training requires you to
complete the Empire’s Video On Demand or the Empire-Virtual-Training before partaking in the
Live Patient, Hands-On Practice Training Module.
For the people that cannot attend our Cincinnati, OH, workshop, we offer virtual training. During
this seminar, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the Physician
instructor, as well as review training material from the Empire’s education portal.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Every attendee is required to download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance
your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training's Botox Cincinnati team welcomes you to Ohio! The Queen City supplies the ideal backdrop for your training, with exciting attractions, enticing eateries, and picturesque sightings at every turn.
Learn more about Cincinnati and plan for your visit here:
- Where to stay in Cincinnati
- How to reach the venue
- How to travel around Cincinnati
- Fun Cincinnati activities and attractions
Situated in Southwest Ohio, Cincinnati is positioned between Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. For those arriving by plane, the city is served by Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, which is just 13 miles away. Although Cincinnati features an assortment of acclaimed accommodation options, we'd love to see you stay at our host hotel, The Westin Cincinnati.
The Westin Cincinnati
Arguably the main highlight of the four-star Westin Cincinnati is its location. The property has a prime position in downtown Cincinnati, making it an ideal base for exploring everything the city has to offer.
If you decide to stay at our host hotel, here are some of the highlights you can enjoy:
- All 456 rooms are well-sized, modern in design, and incorporate an ergonomic workstation and 37-inch LCD television.
- Rooms boast stunning views of historic Fountain Square or the city skyline.
- The 24-hour WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio is equipped with everything you need for a fulfilling exercise session.
- The on-site McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant features an impressive and frequently changing menu of seafood delights, while Ingredients is a convenient option for delicious grab-and-go items that are freshly prepared and healthy.
- Sample everything from craft beers to handcrafted cocktails at the upscale Over Vine lounge.
- The hotel's function space measures in at a large 29,000 square feet.
How to Get Here
Thanks to being in the heart of the city, you'll have no issue finding The Westin Cincinnati. The convenience is further boosted by the hotel's close proximity to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. From the airport, you can reach the host property in less than 20 minutes by car.
There are multiple transport options to choose from once you land at the airport. Renting a car is an obvious choice. A one-way taxi fare will only set you back approximately $27. The 2x airport bus provided by the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky is also available. The bus will get you into downtown Cincinnati in less than 30 minutes, and it'll only set you back $2!
If you decide to go with the rental car, here's how to get to The Westin Cincinnati – and downtown Cincinnati in general – from the airport:
From Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- From the airport, get onto Terminal Dr, staying right for 1.6 miles before merging onto I-275 E.
- Continue for 2.8 miles before taking exit 84 towards I-71 N/I-75 N
- Once you have merged onto I-71 N/I-75 N, keep going for approximately 8 miles.
- After following the signs for Dayton/US-50 W/River Rd/Fifth St, look out for exit 1C that goes toward Fifth St.
- Continue your journey onto W Fifth St. The Westin Cincinnati will be on your right.
If you have a preference to stay at an alternative accommodation option, you won't have to spend much time searching for a first-class choice. Here are some of the top hotels in Cincinnati we recommend:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
- Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel
- The Lytle Park Hotel
- AC Hotel by Marriott Cincinnati at The Banks
- Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Cincinnati
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati RiverCenter
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Cincinnati Midtown
What to Do
Our course will be your main focus, yes, but we always encourage participants to take time away from training to soak in what Cincinnati has to offer. For those who haven't had the chance to explore the city, here are our recommendations for the best attractions and activities available.
Outdoor Activities in Cincinnati and Surrounding Areas
Even though Cincinnati is a bustling city, there are still plenty of outdoor spaces for you to enjoy. If your visit coincides with some favorable weather conditions, here are some activities to consider:
- Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden: The country's second-oldest zoo, Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden is a Cincy icon. Get up close with polar bears, elephants, lions, and Fiona the hippo, then take a stroll through the beautiful botanical garden.
- Eden Park: Offering everything from stunning city views to tranquil green spaces to relax, Eden Park is one of Cincinnati's most popular parks. It's also home to the Krohn Conservatory and Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park.
- Spring Grove Cemetery: A cemetery might not seem like a city highlight, but Spring Grove Cemetery deserves that classification. The country's third-largest cemetery, the landscaped grounds and Gothic Revival architecture help cultivate one of Cincinnati's best public art displays.
- Devou Park: With over 700 acres to explore, get lost amongst nature at Devou Park. Climb the park's highest hill and enjoy incredible panoramic views of Cincinnati and Covington.
- Kings Island: Situated a 30-minute drive away, Kings Island is the Midwest's biggest amusement park. Crammed with roller coasters, live shows, and a water park, it's an ideal destination for adrenaline junkies.
Culture and Entertainment in Cincinnati and Beyond
Cincinnati is a hub of culture and entertainment. Make sure you take the time to visit at least one or two of the following attractions:
- American Sign Museum: If you don't want to visit a standard museum, look no further than the unique American Sign Museum. Featuring thousands of signs that cover over 100 years of history, it's a great destination for art fans and vintage lovers.
- Findlay Market: Cincinnati is known as a foodie destination, and there's no better place to sample their culinary delights than Findlay Market. This street food market has everything from waffles to pizza, ensuring there's something for everyone to savor.
- Cincinnati Mushroom House: An oddity that's worthy of going on your Insta page, the Cincinnati Mushroom House can be found in an unassuming residential neighborhood. The fungus-inspired architecture brings up many questions, but it never disappoints in terms of stopping people in their tracks.
- Newport Aquarium: The Newport Aquarium is home to thousands of aquatic animals. The highlight, however, is undoubtedly Shark Bridge. This is a 75-foot suspension bridge that crosses shark-infested waters.
- Cincinnati Art Museum: The Cincinnati Art Museum, founded in 1881, is the place to indulge in culture and be inspired by the revolving door of exhibitions it hosts.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews