About the WorkshopThe Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop features the latest cutting-edge Dermal
Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals located
in Chicago, IL.
Seeking a successful and more conscientious aesthetic practice, we have designed the Dermal
Filler Workshop, which the AMA has approved for up to 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 TM
Credit(s)) and 8 hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC Accreditation.
This course enhances patient care and decision-making when choosing FDA-approved Dermal
Filler injections based on G-Prime qualification standards.
Additional Course Information
Want to know more about the Dermal Filler Training program? Here’s what you should know
about this workshop that will take place at the Sheraton Grand Chicago.
With over 94% of the soft dermal filler market consisting of hyaluronic acid products (HA), the
rise and preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures, and a projected CAGR growth of
6.58% from 2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021), the Dermal Filler
Comprehensive Training Program is a must.
The Chicago, IL, Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training is a hands-on full one-day course,
permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours.
This workshop is supervised by board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level
training on FDA-approved HA and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance,
Radiesse®, Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers.
The program, which includes didactic lectures and training lessons with live patient models,
aims to improve your understanding of dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques. Additionally, it
will provide a perfect space to practice and perform procedures, adhere to generally accepted
protocols, and adequately assess dermal filler procedure candidates.
During the Chicago, IL, Dermal Filler Training Course, you will receive methodical guidance
from our specialists. After the course, you will have a broader understanding of techniques for
placement, and product selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial areas:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
In this seminar, you will also learn how to:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
For additional details, visit the Chicago, IL, Dermal Filler Training Courses page. You can also
contact our representatives by phoning 866-333-6747.
Who the event is for?
The Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop features the latest cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals located in Chicago, IL.
Before partaking in the Live Patient, Hands-On Practice Training Module of our Chicago, IL,
training course, Empire Medical Training requires you to complete the Empire's Video On
Demand or the Empire-Virtual-Training.
This requirement will ensure attendees' highest level of participation and safeguard attending
volunteer patients attending our training course.
For people who cannot participate in our Chicago, IL, workshop, we have designed a virtual
training where attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the
Physician instructor. After registration, you will gain access to the Empire's education portal with
access to all training materials.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Everyone who attends must download and study Empire's color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a thorough supplement that can help you improve your
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training's Botox Chicago training team welcomes you to the vibrant and multicultural Windy City where you can expect to work hard and play even harder!
Keep reading to find out more about the third-largest city in the US, including:
- Where to stay in Chicago
- How to get to the venue
- How to travel around Chicago
- Top local attractions
Chicago is located on the southeastern tip of Lake Michigan and is the most populated city in Illinois. A major hub for business and finance, there are many amazing places to stay in The Windy City, although we favor our host hotel, the Marriott Chicago O'Hare.
Marriott Chicago O'Hare
Our Complete Botox Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics weekend training program is held at the well-known Marriott Chicago O'Hare hotel.
This contemporary hotel conveniently located near Chicago O'Hare International Airport and the Blue Line Train Station provides easy access to all of Chicago's best eateries and local attractions.
If you choose to stay at our host hotel, you will enjoy first-class amenities, including:
- Spacious rooms and suites with a flat-screen TV
- A deluxe 24-hour fitness center
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Access to private lunge from select suites
- 40,000 square feet of meeting space
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- On-site salon
- Concierge service
How to Get Here
The Marriott Chicago O'Hare is situated in downtown Chicago and is less than 3 miles away from the city's main airport, Chicago O'Hare airport. It is also close to the Chicago Midway International Airport.
Find out how to reach our host hotel from the city's two airports below:
From Chicago O'Hare Airport
Our host hotel also offers a complimentary airport shuttle service to and from Chicago O'Hare International Airport. This shuttle service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all hotel guests. Airport Pick Up is at Door 2 of the Bus/Shuttle Center, or if you are at the international terminal, pick-up is at door 5E.
If you are driving from Chicago O'Hare airport, you will be pleased to hear that it is a mere 2.8 miles away from the Marriott. Simply follow the below directions:
- Exit the airport and get on the l-190 East.
- Take Exit 1B to S Cumberland Avenue
- Continue on S Cumberland Avenue for 0.8 miles
- Turn left onto IL-72 W/W Higgins Road
- The hotel is 0.3 miles away
The Marriott Chicago O'Hare Hotel offers short-term parking at the cost of $32 per day.
Alternatively, a taxi is approximately $5 USD (one way), or you can catch the subway for $2.25 USD (one way).
From Chicago Midway International Airport
Although the Marriott does not offer a free shuttle service to and from this Chicago airport, it is only a short driving distance (20.1 miles) away.
- If you are driving, follow the below directions:
- Exit the airport and get on the l-55 S in Stickney from S Cicero Avenue
- Follow on the l-55 S and then take the l-294 North exit River Road
- Turn left on River Rd to Higgins Rd
- Turn right on Higgins Rd and continue for 1 mile
- The hotel is located on the right-hand side of the road
Alternatively, you can catch a cab for approximately $50 USD.
Getting around Chicago
The easiest and most cost-effective way to get around Chicago is by public transport. Chicago is home to the nation's second-largest public transportation system, the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA).
One of Chicago's most popular public transport services is the L train, which is short for “elevated train”. This service is cheap and easy to use, with services to 145 stations around the town and the city's two airports.
Chicago also has around 130 bus routes, with many that operate 24-hours per day. A single ride costs only $2.50 per person, or you can buy a CTA day pass that will allow you to use multiple routes.
If you would prefer to rent a car for the duration of your stay, there are several nearby car rental companies for you to choose from:
Nearby Car Rentals:
- Hertz: 773-631-7439
- Budget: 800-527-7000
- Enterprise: 847-233-7600
If you would prefer to stay at a different hotel, there are several other good quality accommodation options nearby:
- Loews Chicago Hotel
- Swissotel Chicago
- Aloft Chicago Mag Mile
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago
- Sable at Navy Pier, Chicago
- Palmer House a Hilton Hotel
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Sheraton Grand Chicago
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Cicero Hotel
- The Carleton of Oak Park Hotel
What to Do in Chicago
Although our Chicago training weekend is extensive, you will have some free time to explore and enjoy Chicago and the surrounding areas.
If you are not sure where to start regarding the most popular attractions in Chicago, we are more than happy to help you.
Outdoor Activities and Attractions in Chicago
Chicago boasts 26 miles of lakefront, 25 beaches, 600 parks, and more than 8,800 acres of green space, so if you love the outdoors, you are in the right city.
It also features over 200 miles of bike lanes for those that love to cycle.
Some of our favorite outdoor attractions in Chicago include:
- Lincoln Park Zoo: One of the oldest zoos in the country and one of the few remaining free zoos, Lincoln Park is a great day out for animal lovers.
- Navy Pier: One of the city's most popular attractions, Navy Pier has it all – rides, restaurants, exhibitions, and an exciting array of entertainment.
- Lakefront Trail: Chicago's iconic Lakefront Trail stretches 18.5 miles long and is lined with a stunning selection of parks, harbors, and beaches.
- The 606:. If you are a fitness fanatic, The 606 is an elevated biking, walking, running and roller-blading path located on Chicago's west side.
- Chicago Riverwalk: Take a boat tour, rent a kayak or simply take a stroll along the Chicago Riverwalk and enjoy a relaxing and peaceful break from training.
- Lake Michigan: Soak up some sun at one of Lake Michigan's many beaches, such as the popular North Avenue Beach.
- Grant Park: Situated in downtown Chicago, Grant Park is home to one of the largest fountains in the world, Buckingham Fountain. It also boasts a skatepark and courses for BMX, rollerblades, and scooters.
Culture and Entertainment in Chicago
Chicago is a multi-cultural city that thrives on diversity, which is reflected in its vibrant arts and entertainment scene.
The city boasts 60 museums, nearly 200 art galleries, over 250 theatres, 225 music venues, and 7,300 restaurants.
Some of the most popular culture and entertainment venues in Chicago and the surrounding areas include:
- The Art Institute of Chicago: One of the best art museums in the country, enjoy a wide range of exciting exhibitions and events.
- The Field Museum: Located on Lake Michigan, the Field Museum offers 65,000 exhibits throughout the year, displaying natural wonders and cultural artifacts.
- The Auditorium Theater:. A national historic landmark, this iconic music and performance venue has hosted several hit shows in recent years, including Sister Act and Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
- The Lyric Opera House: If you are an opera aficionado, the Lyric Opera House showcases some of the best live performances in the area. Expect mind-blowing sound and moving drama.
Adler Planetarium:. Visit Chicago's number one planetarium and escape to the stars. Hosting more than half a million visitors each year, this is one local attraction not to be missed.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews