About the WorkshopThe Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop in Houston, TX, features the most
cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare
The AMA has approved our Dermal Filler Workshop for a maximum of 8 hours (8.0 AMA PRA
Category 1 Credit(s)TM), as well as 8 hours of continuing nursing education for ANCC
Our goal is a successful and more conscious aesthetic practice. We have built this workshop to
achieve this as it provides a comprehensive roadmap toward enhanced patient care and
improved decision-making when choosing FDA-approved Dermal Fillers injections according to
G-Prime rating standards.
Additional Course Information
Are you ready for our Houston, TX, Dermal Filler Training Course? Here’s an overview of what
you will learn:
With hyaluronic acid products (HA) accounting for over 94% of the soft dermal filler market, the
rise and preference for non-invasive aesthetic procedures, and a projected CAGR growth of
6.58% from 2021 to 2028 USD —9.22 billion by 2028 (VMR, 2021), the Dermal Filler
Comprehensive Training Program is a must.
The Houston, TX, Comprehensive Dermal Filler Training is a hands-on full one-day course,
supervised by board-certified aesthetic physician instructors with top-tier level training on
FDA-approved HA and non-HA fillers such as Juvéderm®, Belotero Balance, Radiesse®,
Sculptra®, Bellafil®, and Ultra Restylane®, as well as other dermal fillers.
Supported by both didactic lectures and training lessons with live patient models, the program
seeks to enhance your understanding of dermal fillers and non-invasive techniques while you
develop the necessary skills to practice and perform procedures, adhere to generally accepted
protocols, and properly assess dermal filler procedure candidates.
The course is permitted for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditTM hours.
Our specialists will provide methodical guidance during the Houston, TX, Dermal Filler Training
Course. Following the course, you will have a better understanding of placement techniques
and product selection to eliminate or enhance the following facial areas:
● Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
● Marionette Lines
● Submalar Hollow
● Lip Enhancement (Lip-plumping and Vermillion Border treatment with PDO Threads)
● Cheek Augmentation
● Tear Through
● Pre-jowl Sulcus
● Advanced Injections (i.e., hands, dimpled chin, laugh lines, etc.)
You will also learn how to:
● Evaluate dermal fillers based on their G-Prime rating
● Develop a broad understanding of different HA dermal fillers (such as Restylane®,
Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
● Strategically manage dermal fillers to get as many corrections as needed
● Choose between anesthesia options, including topical gels and facial nerve blocks,
including the appropriate techniques in treating facial lipoatrophy, pre-jowl sulcus, lips,
chin, folds, and eye hollow
● Master injection techniques using blunt tip cannulas for reduced bruising and possible
occlusion of vessels
● Manage acquisition, patient charting, and administration issues (i.e., medical intake &
informed consent forms, and other paperwork).
● Recognize the dermal filler procedure’s guidelines, fundamental facial anatomy, changes
in the product properties and injection areas, patient preferences, managing patient’s
expectations, and aftercare
● Expand your business strategy, master the marketing aspects and build a solid pricing
understanding that can be integrated into your business philosophy
● Offer enhanced patient care regarding dermal filler treatment and aesthetic expectations
and offer correction in adverse case scenarios.
Visit the Houston, TX, Dermal Filler Training Courses page for more information. You can also
contact our representatives at 866-333-6747.
Who the event is for?
The Empire Medical Training’s Dermal Filler Workshop in Houston, TX, features the most cutting-edge Dermal Filler techniques for physicians, nurses, dentists, and licensed healthcare professionals.
Empire Medical Training requires you to complete the Empire’s Video On Demand or the
Empire-Virtual-Training before partaking in the Live Patient, Hands-On Practice Training Module
to ensure the highest level of participation from attendees and safeguard attending volunteer
patients attending our Houston, TX, training course.
As a fantastic alternative for people who cannot participate in our Houston, TX, workshop, we
have designed a virtual training where you will have the opportunity to ask questions and
interact with the Physician instructor. After registration, you will gain access to the Empire’s
education portal with access to all training materials.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Every attendee is required to download and study Empire’s color training manual and videos.
This prerequisite training module is a comprehensive supplement that can help you enhance
your learning experience:
Review of Product Characteristics, Mechanism of Action, Indicated Areas for Patients
● Review of FDA Approved Dermal Fillers by the following criteria: G’ Prime (strength) and
Flexibility (xStrain) for HA Products as well as their pertinent use in different case
● Recommended path of action for the available crosslinked HA products and
recommended optimal application for the various facial areas for fillers
● Learn the most common areas for injection utilizing dermal filler injections and the
associated techniques for each procedure
Patient Consultation Process
● Handle patient expectations regarding dermal fillers and aesthetic expectations,
including the need for additional products or additional facial areas for rejuvenation
● Review various injection techniques in correcting areas of asymmetry or contrast to fulfill
the patient’s aesthetic goals
Review of Facial Anatomy:
● Complete review of facial vasculature, facial nerves, and lymphatic areas to avoid
● Possible Contraindications for Treatment
● Review Zones of Adherence, minimizing and preventing contour deformities
● Correcting and avoiding Complications and managing adverse events associated with
the HA and Non-HA injections including reversal of the procedure.
Standard of Care considerations, understanding of the medical model, safety
techniques, and indications for treatment for the following areas:
● Perform and understand blunt tip cannula injections for highly vascular areas of the face
including techniques used for areas where hypodermic needles are contraindicated.
● Nasolabial Fold (NLF) area using crosshatch and linear threading and proper product
● Marionette Line areas of the face and various techniques to lessen or eliminate these
● Prejowl Sulcus and the various techniques to correct areas of contrast.
● Review lip injections by micro-cannula or by hypodermic needle injection for enhancing
the body of the lip (lip plumping) or redefining of the lip by needle microcannula, or PDO
● Review other facial indications including protocols for other facial areas including
● Cheekbone Enhancement, Cheek Augmentation, Hands, Jawline Contouring, and other
common facial and body indications utilizing dermal fillers.
● Post Procedure Protocols and Touch-Up Recommendations for Patients.
12:45 pm-1:00pm • Registration
1:00 pm-2:00 pm • Introduction by Empire Medical Training, History & Overview of Empire
Medical Training, Review of prerequisite video and Agenda/Objectives
2:00pm-5:00pm • Hands-On Sessions. Small group break-out sessions with live patients.
Attendees must administer available HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products to understand
the many techniques and patient approaches for augmentation. Our physician-supervised
hands-on training cover the following areas:
● Nasolabial Folds
● Marionette Lines
● Pre-Jowl Sulcus
● Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must
adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree
to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and always adhere to CDC
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training’s Botox Houston training team is thrilled to welcome you to one of the nation’s most popular and widely celebrated cities: Houston. There is so much to see and enjoy here.
Below you can find out more about:
- Places to stay in Houston
- How to get there (and get around once you’re comfortably settled in)
- Fun things to see and do in Houston and nearby
Houston is found tucked away in the southeast of Texas, and is famous for being a major headquarters for NASA. Although we recommend staying at our host hotel, the Blossom Hotel Houston, you have the option of choosing between plenty of other great accommodation options if you would prefer.
The Blossom Hotel Houston
Situated in the south of the city, you can easily access many of the attractions that make Houston a popular city for living and visiting. While a car is useful for getting around this highly expansive city, there are also plenty of other attractions that can be found right on your doorstep.
While you are a guest at the Blossom Hotel Houston, you can expect all sorts of amenities, including:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Nespresso coffee maker in your room
- Aqua Di Parma™ amenities
- Sophisticated event spaces
- Minimalist décor
- Smart TV
- Luxurious marble bathrooms
How to Get To The Blossom Hotel Houston
Houston city center is a short drive from both the George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport and William P. Hobby Airport. Here’s some additional information on how to get here from either one of these airports.
From George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport
- Get on I-69 from Will Clayton Pkwy
- Continue on I-69 to Houston. Take the exit towards N Mac Gregor Way/S Mac Gregor Way from State Hwy 288 S
- Take N MacGregor Way and Braeswood Blvd to Bertner Ave
From William P. Hobby Airport
- Take Broadway St, I-45 N, Exit 45, and State Hwy 288 S to Bertner Ave
- Turn left onto Bertner Ave - Destination will be on the right
Since this is an expansive city, renting a car is the simplest way to get around the local area. Rest assured that all the main car rental companies serve both of the region’s airports. If you prefer not to rent a car, ride-hailing apps like Uber and Lyft are available throughout the Houston area, not to mention that there are decent public transport options in the city.
If you are thinking of staying anywhere else other than Blossom Hotel Houston, there are a few different accommodation options that you can bear in mind:
- Intercontinental Houston
- The Lancaster Hotel
- The Westin Houston Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Houston Post Oak
- Omni Houston Hotel
- Hyatt Place Houston
- Royal Sonesta Houston
What to Do In Houston
When you are not taking part in training activities, there is a lot to explore and enjoy in Houston and the surrounding area. You will not have to venture too far to discover some outdoor attractions and other things to do no matter your decision. If you have rented a car, you will find that you have the freedom to explore the city at your leisure, but there is a lot to be enjoyed on foot as well.
Outdoor Activities in Houston and Surrounding Areas
The weather in and around Houston is warm during the winter and hot in the summer, which means that outdoor activities will always be a possibility. As one of the most well-known and celebrated cities in the whole of the country, you have your pick of different attractions, including:
- Buffalo Bayou Park: Enjoy an entirely different perspective on the city by kayaking along this expansive waterway that burrows its way right through the heart of the city and beyond.
- Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge: Texas is a state that is home to all sorts of unique wildlife and plant life, and you can give yourself a great chance of catching a glimpse of some of it here.
- Sam Houston National Forest: If you are looking for an adventure beyond city limits, this national forest is the most accessible. Hiking and rambling are highly popular here.
- The Woodlands: This suburb of the city is home to a large lake with many surrounding waterways that are just perfect for paddle boarding or just a refreshing dip if this is what you would prefer.
- Surfside Beach: A trip to Houston presents a very real opportunity for a surfing adventure if you travel around an hour outside of the city to this popular spot to catch a wave or two.
Culture and Entertainment in Houston and Beyond
Houston is one of the main cities in Texas and is a highly celebrated center of life and culture. You are within easy reach of many of the attractions. Here are a few in closer detail:
- Museum of Fine Arts: Featuring an incredible collection of more than 70,000 exhibitions, you could spend days at this cultural center, which is undoubtedly one of the most impressive in the region.
- La Carafe: This candlelit tavern has been a staple of the city for more than 125 years and still presents an intimate and highly welcoming atmosphere that is worth experiencing for yourself.
- Chinatown: While it may not be as famous as other towns in the US, the Chinese community in Houston is the second biggest in the country, and you can feel like you are transported across to the Far East here.
- The Hobby Center: The performing arts scene in the city is thriving, and you are bound to be able to appreciate this for yourself by catching one of the shows here.
- San Jacinto Monument and Museum: Boasting the title of being the tallest war memorial in the nation, the San Jacinto Monument also features a fascinating museum, which gives you plenty of information and insights.
- Beer Can House: If you are looking for something a little bit quirkier and off the beaten track, there is no doubt that the Beer Can House should be your first port of call.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews