About the Workshop
Our Botox Training & Certification Courses are designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed health-care practitioners. Hands-on instruction and training are always conducted by renowned “physician only” trainers. Botox classes cover the administration of Botox for all common and less common aesthetic and medical uses for the aesthetic practitioner. 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ provided.
Additional Course Information
The Salt Lake City Botox® training course utilizes both didactic lectures and practical hands-on workshops.
Our lecturers will impart a wide range of knowledge to you, ranging from the basics of botulinum toxin Type-A to making indications for its use. By the end of this course, you will walk away with the knowledge required to perform a wide range of Botox and facial aesthetic procedures – including uncommon treatments.
You will utilize this knowledge during the hands-on portion of your training. This is the most exciting part of the process, as you're given the chance to perform on volunteer patients. Using Botox and other facial aesthetic injections, you will treat common facial rhytids such as dimpled chin, marionette lines, and crow's feet.
For reassurance and the best learning environment possible, industry-leading professionals are there to guide you every step of the way. These board-certified physicians supply immediate feedback as you administer Botox injections. Their comments and tips will assist you in becoming more confident in performing treatments on your own patients back home.
The Salt Lake City Botox seminar is designated 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit hours.
In a single weekend, you can gain the knowledge, certifications, and confidence to run your own successful aesthetics practice.
Attend our Salt Lake City Complete Botox® Training program, and you'll learn:
- Basic facial anatomy and key Botox injection sites
- The differences between the botulinum toxin Type-A products (such as Botox®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®). For those interested in getting the most from the course training, we have conveniently scheduled the Dermal Filler Training program in the afternoon. This course will teach Dermal Filler products (such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more. )
- Specific techniques and methods for injecting Botox procedures
- The mechanism of action for each type of medication and formulation
- How to identify ideal candidates for Botox treatments and exclude unsuitable candidates (such as those with medical contraindications)
- How to properly and effectively inject botulinum toxin Type-A while reducing procedure risk and patient complications
- The generally accepted protocols for botulinum toxin Type-A administration for both aesthetic and medical complaints
- The proper guidelines for the patient acquisition and charting, including management of required paperwork like medical intake and informed consent forms
- How to manage patient preferences and expectations before treatment
- Post-treatment follow-up protocols and how to address and correct adverse events (complications)
- How to manage long-term botulinum toxin Type-A patients and deliver enhanced patient care over the course of the relationship
- How to market, promote and engage with your target demographic using a complete integrated marketing communications plan.
Specifics about the Salt Lake City Botox training course are available on the complete Botox training workshop page. If you have any inquiries this page doesn't answer, you can call us at 866-261-5164.
Who the event is for?
The event is created specifically for healthcare professionals, including nursing assistants, nurses, dentists, and physicians. Due to the location of this particular seminar, it is also most suitable for those based in Salt Lake City, Ogden, Provo, Park City, or any other area in Utah – although we welcome participants from all around the country.
Most importantly, if the desire is to start providing aesthetic treatments to your patients, this event is for you.
In preparation for your time in Salt Lake City, prerequisite AMA PRS Category 1 Credit certification instructional materials are supplied by Empire Medical Training. The materials touch upon a wide range of Botox-related topics, including protocols and complication avoidance.
EMT's online portal is also home to an assortment of professionally-produced videos. All of these materials are viewable from any applicable device. As long as you have an internet connection, they can be downloaded and reviewed on a desktop, mobile phone, or tablet. In addition, an optional live virtual training course is available for further revision.
Before starting your journey to Salt Lake City, you also have to pass our short knowledge test. This shows you have taken in the prerequisite materials and are at the right level to do the in-person training.
Color Training Manual & Videos
To prepare for the Salt Lake City training weekend, you are required to read and watch the color training manual and videos, respectively. The training manual is an info-packed document which covers:
- The patient consultation process, including communicating the expected results of Botox treatments, making facial/head/neck markings, and injection/treatment techniques aligned with patient goals
- Key characteristics and handling (including dilution, reconstitution, and storage) of botulinum toxin Type-A products
- Key facial anatomy concepts, including facial contraindications, zones of adherence, and correcting complications and adverse events
Moreover, the materials detail dosage quantities, safe injection methods, indications for treatment, and other points about the following Botox® treatments:
- Glabellar complex area
- Lateral canthal rhytids
- Forehead lines
- Medial and lateral brow (lift)
- Gummy smile
- Dimpled chin
- Marionette lines
- Platysma banding
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the palms and underarms)
Additional Aesthetic Procedures and Advanced Injection Techniques
To provide you with the best possible value, you will be provided with a complimentary video series once you've signed up for our Salt Lake City seminar. These optional videos detail aesthetic procedures and advanced injection methods which are not covered during the regular portion of the course.
Even though it is optional, we advise you make full use of this video series. The additional knowledge further develops your clinical studies, ensuring your practice can offer a larger selection of aesthetic treatments for your patients.
The Salt Lake City Complete Botox® Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics program has been meticulously designed to follow the policies established by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
We have also created our seminar alongside the Medical Education Resources. This is beneficial for all of our participants, as the MER rewards our course with 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. You should claim only the credit commensurate with your participation in our hands-on training session.
The MER's association with the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation means our course also rewards those in the nursing field. Once you have completed the program, 8.0 contact hours are granted towards your continued nursing education.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299.
Morning Session Botox Training
7:45 a.m.–8:00 a.m. • Registration.
8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for botulinum toxin training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
9:00 a.m.–12: 00p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer botulinum toxin, Type A FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
Afternoon Session Dermal Filler Training (separate registration fee)
12:45 p.m.–1:00 p.m. • Registration.
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for Complete Dermal Filler Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
- Marionette Lines
- Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
- Pre-Jowl Sulcus
- Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training's safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies prior to participating in the hands-on session and must adhere to CDC guidelines at all times.
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training's Botox Salt Lake City team welcomes you to The Beehive State! Utah's capital, Salt Lake City, is an urban gem with an enviable Wasatch Mountains backdrop. Full of history, trendy dining and drinking options, and an assortment of attractions, Salt Lake City is a fantastic base for completing our Botox® training.
Below you will find out more information about this destination, including:
- Where to stay in Salt Lake City
- Getting to our host venue
- Must-see attractions in Salt Lake City
As Utah's capital and most populous city, there's no surprise Salt Lake City features a wide assortment of historical sights, dining options, and other enticing attractions. The city is served by Salt Lake City International Airport, while it is also home to a large selection of accommodation options.
Although if you're searching for a place to stay in the heart of the city, we'd highly recommend choosing our host hotel, the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek.
Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek
The four-star Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek has an enviable location in the heart of the city. This is only the start of the great advantages, and you'll be instantly captivated once you enter the luxurious lobby complete with plush seating and high ceilings. Here's a quick look at the other main benefits of the hotel:
- The spacious rooms are well-equipped with a work area and flat-screen TV. Many rooms offer stunning views of the downtown area.
- For complimentary drinks and food, along with access to the hotel's comfy lounge area, you can upgrade to a room at the Concierge level.
- State-of-the-art equipment can be utilized in the hotel's 24-hour fitness center.
- The on-site Salt Stone Restaurant combines a cozy ski lodge-like ambiance with classic American cuisine.
- Drinks can be enjoyed at the welcoming Destinations Lounge, while you can grab a snack and cup of coffee from the hotel's Starbucks.
- A 24-hour front desk is always available to help when required.
How to Get Here
The host hotel's downtown location, combined with Salt Lake City's excellent public transportation options, ensures you won't have trouble finding this destination and can easily explore the center of Salt Lake City. It also means if you are traveling via plane, there are multiple ways to get to the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek with ease.
Salt Lake City International Airport is less than eight miles from the host hotel. A one-way taxi will cost approximately $25 while using a public bus or TRAX system directly from the airport is considerably cheaper. Although if you want the freedom to explore further afield – which many do due to Utah containing the "Mighty Five" National Parks – a rental car is recommended.
If you opt for a rental car, here's how to get to the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek from the airport:
From Salt Lake City International Airport
- From the airport, use N Terminal Dr to get onto W Crossbar Rd. Use the slip road to get onto Terminal Dr.
- Stick to the left two lanes to merge onto I-80 E.
- On the left, take the I-80 E/I-15 S/UT-269/600 S exit towards Cheyenne/Las Vegas.
- Remain in the right lane and continue on Exit 121. Keep going until you get onto UT-269 E/W 600 S.
- After 0.7 miles, utilize the left two lanes to turn onto W Temple. After 0.8 miles, you will find the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek on your right.
If there are no vacancies left at the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek or you prefer to stay in alternative accommodation, we've highlighted a number of acclaimed options nearby:
- Hilton Salt Lake City Center
- Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
- The Kimball at Temple Square
- DeSoto Tudor on Capitol Hill
- The Little America Hotel – Salt Lake City
- The Grand America Hotel
- Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
- Salt Lake City Marriott City Center
What to Do
Salt Lake City has something for everyone. Ample shopping options, award-winning restaurants, historic attractions, and charming outdoor spaces can all be found in the city center. If you venture further afield and turn your training weekend into an extended stay, you can also use Salt Lake City as your gateway to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, and the other stunning parks found in Utah.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews