About the Workshop
Our Botox Training & Certification Courses are designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed health-care practitioners. Hands-on instruction and training are always conducted by renowned “physician only” trainers. Botox classes cover the administration of Botox for all common and less common aesthetic and medical uses for the aesthetic practitioner. 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ provided.
Additional Course Information
Here’s more information about our course to help you decide if it’s right for you.
Our Houston Complete Botox® Training program pairs didactic lectures (classroom learning) with hands-on training.
The Botox training program provides the fundamentals of botulinum toxin Type-A and cosmetic indications for its use. You’ll leave the lecture hall with the knowledge you need to administer both common and not-so-common procedures involving Botox and perform other conventional facial aesthetics techniques. This course is approved for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ hours.
Our physician-supervised hybrid training includes hands-on practice with live volunteer patients. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to administer Botox to patients presenting a variety of common facial rhytids such as crow’s feet, forehead lines, glabellar lines, or other aesthetic signs and complaints (subject to review by our supervising physicians who are board-certified, top-tier physician experts).
Our expert board-certified physician instructors are owners of their own practice with years of Botox injection experience. They will guide you through the procedure and provide helpful feedback that you can take back to your practice.
Throughout the weekend, practitioners will learn about techniques with Botox injections and how to perform other aesthetic procedures such as dermal fillers and facial aesthetic procedures.
All programs are AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited. You’ll have the confidence and capability to perform a broader range of cosmetic procedures using techniques you won’t learn anywhere else, all under the direct supervision and instruction of Empire’s highly recognized team of physician instructors. You will incorporate these newly learned and high-demand procedures to your Texas aesthetics practice and the people who matter most — your patients.
Attend our Houston area Complete Botox® Training program, and you’ll learn:
- Basic facial anatomy and key Botox injection sites
- The differences between the botulinum toxin Type-A products (such as Botox®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®). For those interested in getting the most from the course training, we have conveniently scheduled the Dermal Filler Training program in the afternoon. This course will teach Dermal Filler products (such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more. )
- Specific techniques and methods for injecting Botox procedures
- The mechanism of action for each type of medication and formulation
- How to identify ideal candidates for Botox treatments and exclude unsuitable candidates (such as those with medical contraindications)
- How to properly and effectively inject botulinum toxin Type-A while reducing procedure risk and patient complications
- The generally accepted protocols for botulinum toxin Type-A administration for both aesthetic and medical complaints
- The proper guidelines for the patient acquisition and charting, including management of required paperwork like medical intake and informed consent forms
- How to manage patient preferences and expectations prior to treatment
- Post-treatment follow-up protocols and how to address and correct adverse events (complications)
- How to manage long-term botulinum toxin Type-A patients and deliver enhanced patient care over the course of the relationship
- How to market, promote and engage with your target demographic using a complete integrated marketing communications plan.
For more information about what to expect from our Houston Botox and filler training course, please visit our complete Botox training workshop page or call us at 866-261-5164.
Who the event is for?
This Complete Botox Training program is designed to meet the educational needs of qualified healthcare practitioners that want to provide aesthetic services to their patients.
If you’re an aspiring aesthetics practitioner based in Houston, West University Place, Pasadena, Aldine, Clover Leaf, Missouri City, Jacinto City, Bellaire, or any surrounding areas of Houston, this program is for you.
This course is designed to be the absolute best Botox training course for nurses, physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, and others in the medical field. We want to give you the skills to make your practice as good as it can be. Your patients deserve the very best, and we’re proud to help you provide it.
To be awarded the 8-hour AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ certification, you must complete our prerequisite materials successfully. All practitioners who wish to become certified in performing Botox injections must complete all pre-course materials. Access to all the didactic information, including thorough protocols, complication avoidance, and more are provided by our online portal.
From any device (desktop, tablet, mobile), you can view our professionally shot, high-definition videos. Before attending the live component of the training, you must complete and pass a knowledge-based test. If it suits your schedule, you have the option to participate in any live virtual program to satisfy the didactic requirements for the training. Afterward, please schedule and attend any live hands-on event for Botox and Dermal Filler Training.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Participants must download and review our color training manual and videos via Empire’s state-of-the-art educational portal — a comprehensive supplement to the prerequisite training modules. It’s filled with useful information about:
- The patient consultation process, including communicating the expected results of Botox treatments, making facial/head/neck markings, and injection/treatment techniques aligned with patient goals
- Key characteristics and handling (including dilution, reconstitution, and storage) of botulinum toxin Type-A products
- Key facial anatomy concepts, including facial contraindications, zones of adherence, and correcting complications and adverse events
The color training manual also includes a detailed overview of important subjects such as dosing, indications for treatment, safe injection techniques, and generally accepted practices for the following Botox treatments:
- Glabellar complex area
- Lateral canthal rhytids
- Forehead lines
- Medial and lateral brow (lift)
- Gummy smile
- Dimpled chin
- Marionette lines
- Platysma banding
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the palms and underarms)
Additional Aesthetic Procedures and Advanced Injection Techniques
We’re also proud to offer an optional video series covering additional aesthetic procedures and advanced injection techniques. By participating in our Houston area training course, you’ll receive complimentary access to our entire library of educational materials for botulinum toxin practitioners. Review the manual to further enhance your in-person learning experience, as this is an integral part of the clinical portion of the program.
We’ve planned and implemented our Houston Complete Botox® Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics program in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s accreditation requirements and policies.
We’re proud to bring you this training in partnership with Medical Education Resources, an organization accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
Medical Education Resources designates our Houston training course for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. You should claim only the credit commensurate with your participation in our hands-on training session.
Medical Education Resources is also an accredited provider of continuing nursing education through the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. You’ll earn 8.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education following successful completion.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299.
Morning Session Botox Training
7:45 a.m.-8:00 a.m. • Registration.
8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for botulinum toxin Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. • Hands‐On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer botulinum toxin, Type‐A FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
Afternoon Session Dermal Filler Training (separate registration fee)
12:45 p.m.-1:00 p.m. • Registration.
1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for Complete Dermal Filler Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. • Hands‐On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
- Marionette Lines
- Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
- Pre-Jowl Sulcus
- Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow the current COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and must adhere to CDC guidelines at all times.
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training’s Botox Houston training team is thrilled to welcome you to one of the nation’s most popular and widely celebrated cities: Houston. There is so much to see and enjoy here.
Below you can find out more about:
- Places to stay in Houston
- How to get there (and get around once you’re comfortably settled in)
- Fun things to see and do in Houston and nearby
Houston is found tucked away in the southeast of Texas, and is famous for being a major headquarters for NASA. Although we recommend staying at our host hotel, the Blossom Hotel Houston, you have the option of choosing between plenty of other great accommodation options if you would prefer.
The Blossom Hotel Houston
Situated in the south of the city, you can easily access many of the attractions that make Houston a popular city for living and visiting. While a car is useful for getting around this highly expansive city, there are also plenty of other attractions that can be found right on your doorstep.
While you are a guest at the Blossom Hotel Houston, you can expect all sorts of amenities, including:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Nespresso coffee maker in your room
- Aqua Di Parma™ amenities
- Sophisticated event spaces
- Minimalist décor
- Smart TV
- Luxurious marble bathrooms
How to Get To The Blossom Hotel Houston
Houston city center is a short drive from both the George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport and William P. Hobby Airport. Here’s some additional information on how to get here from either one of these airports.
From George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport
- Get on I-69 from Will Clayton Pkwy
- Continue on I-69 to Houston. Take the exit towards N Mac Gregor Way/S Mac Gregor Way from State Hwy 288 S
- Take N MacGregor Way and Braeswood Blvd to Bertner Ave
From William P. Hobby Airport
- Take Broadway St, I-45 N, Exit 45, and State Hwy 288 S to Bertner Ave
- Turn left onto Bertner Ave - Destination will be on the right
Since this is an expansive city, renting a car is the simplest way to get around the local area. Rest assured that all the main car rental companies serve both of the region’s airports. If you prefer not to rent a car, ride-hailing apps like Uber and Lyft are available throughout the Houston area, not to mention that there are decent public transport options in the city.
If you are thinking of staying anywhere else other than Blossom Hotel Houston, there are a few different accommodation options that you can bear in mind:
- Intercontinental Houston
- The Lancaster Hotel
- The Westin Houston Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Houston Post Oak
- Omni Houston Hotel
- Hyatt Place Houston
- Royal Sonesta Houston
What to Do In Houston
When you are not taking part in training activities, there is a lot to explore and enjoy in Houston and the surrounding area. You will not have to venture too far to discover some outdoor attractions and other things to do no matter your decision. If you have rented a car, you will find that you have the freedom to explore the city at your leisure, but there is a lot to be enjoyed on foot as well.
Outdoor Activities in Houston and Surrounding Areas
The weather in and around Houston is warm during the winter and hot in the summer, which means that outdoor activities will always be a possibility. As one of the most well-known and celebrated cities in the whole of the country, you have your pick of different attractions, including:
- Buffalo Bayou Park: Enjoy an entirely different perspective on the city by kayaking along this expansive waterway that burrows its way right through the heart of the city and beyond.
- Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge: Texas is a state that is home to all sorts of unique wildlife and plant life, and you can give yourself a great chance of catching a glimpse of some of it here.
- Sam Houston National Forest: If you are looking for an adventure beyond city limits, this national forest is the most accessible. Hiking and rambling are highly popular here.
- The Woodlands: This suburb of the city is home to a large lake with many surrounding waterways that are just perfect for paddle boarding or just a refreshing dip if this is what you would prefer.
- Surfside Beach: A trip to Houston presents a very real opportunity for a surfing adventure if you travel around an hour outside of the city to this popular spot to catch a wave or two.
Culture and Entertainment in Houston and Beyond
Houston is one of the main cities in Texas and is a highly celebrated center of life and culture. You are within easy reach of many of the attractions. Here are a few in closer detail:
- Museum of Fine Arts: Featuring an incredible collection of more than 70,000 exhibitions, you could spend days at this cultural center, which is undoubtedly one of the most impressive in the region.
- La Carafe: This candlelit tavern has been a staple of the city for more than 125 years and still presents an intimate and highly welcoming atmosphere that is worth experiencing for yourself.
- Chinatown: While it may not be as famous as other towns in the US, the Chinese community in Houston is the second biggest in the country, and you can feel like you are transported across to the Far East here.
- The Hobby Center: The performing arts scene in the city is thriving, and you are bound to be able to appreciate this for yourself by catching one of the shows here.
- San Jacinto Monument and Museum: Boasting the title of being the tallest war memorial in the nation, the San Jacinto Monument also features a fascinating museum, which gives you plenty of information and insights.
- Beer Can House: If you are looking for something a little bit quirkier and off the beaten track, there is no doubt that the Beer Can House should be your first port of call.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews