About the Workshop
Our Botox Training & Certification Courses are designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed health-care practitioners. Hands-on instruction and training are always conducted by renowned “physician only” trainers. Botox classes cover the administration of Botox for all common and less common aesthetic and medical uses for the aesthetic practitioner. 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ provided.
Additional Course Information
Before you commit to our insightful weekend course, here’s what our program offers in more detail.
Our Charlotte Complete Botox® Training program pairs didactic lectures (classroom learning) with hands-on training.
The Botox training program provides the fundamentals of botulinum toxin Type-A and cosmetic indications for its use. You’ll leave the Hilton Charlotte Uptown with the knowledge you need to administer all common and not-so-common procedures involving Botox and to perform other common facial esthetics techniques. This course is approved for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ hours.
Our hybrid training with physician-supervised (board-certified top-tier physician experts only) includes hands-on practice with live volunteer patients. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to administer Botox to patients with a variety of common facial rhytids such as crow’s feet, forehead lines, glabellar lines, or other aesthetic signs and complaints (subject to review by our supervising physicians).
Our expert board-certified physician instructors will guide you through the procedure and provide helpful feedback that you can take back to your practice. All physician instructors are practice owners and top-tier renowned physicians with years of Botox injection experience.
Throughout the weekend, practitioners will learn about techniques with Botox injections and how to perform other aesthetic procedures such as dermal fillers and facial aesthetic procedures.
All programs are AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited. You’ll have the confidence and capability to perform a broader range of cosmetic procedures using techniques you won’t learn anywhere else, all under the direct supervision and instruction of Empire’s highly recognized team of physician instructors. You will incorporate these newly discovered and high-demand procedures to your North Carolina aesthetics practice and the people who matter most — your patients.
Attend our Charlotte area Complete Botox® Training program, and you’ll learn:
- Basic facial anatomy and key Botox injection sites
- The differences between the botulinum toxin Type-A products (such as Botox®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®). For those interested in getting the most from the course training, we have conveniently scheduled the Dermal Filler Training program in the afternoon. This course will teach Dermal Filler products (such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more. )
- Specific techniques and methods for injecting Botox procedures
- The mechanism of action for each type of medication and formulation
- How to identify ideal candidates for Botox treatments and exclude unsuitable candidates (such as those with medical contraindications)
- How to properly and effectively inject botulinum toxin Type-A while reducing procedure risk and patient complications
- The generally accepted protocols for botulinum toxin Type-A administration for both aesthetic and medical complaints
- The proper guidelines for the patient acquisition and charting, including management of required paperwork like medical intake and informed consent forms
- How to manage patient preferences and expectations prior to treatment
- Post-treatment follow-up protocols and how to address and correct adverse events (complications)
- How to manage long-term botulinum toxin Type-A patients and deliver enhanced patient care over the course of the relationship
- How to market, promote and engage with your target demographic using a complete integrated marketing communications plan.
For more information about what to expect from our Charlotte Botox and filler training course, please visit our complete Botox training workshop page or call us at 866-261-5164.
Who the event is for?
This Complete Botox Training program is designed to meet the educational needs of healthcare practitioners providing aesthetic services to their patients.
This program is for you if you’re an aesthetics practitioner based in Charlotte, Matthews, Mount Holly, Mint Hill, Huntersville, Indian Trail, Cornelius, Concord, or any surrounding areas of North Carolina.
This course offers the best Botox training for nurses, physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, and others in the medical field. We want your practice to be as capable and effective as possible. Your patients deserve the very best, and we’re proud to help you provide it.
Successful completion of prerequisite materials is required for the 8-hour AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ certification. All practitioners who wish to become certified in performing Botox injections must complete all pre-course materials successfully. This includes all the didactic information, including thorough protocols, complication avoidance, and more. Our professionally shot, high-definition videos may be viewed from any device (desktop, tablet, mobile).
Before attending the live component of the training, you must complete and pass a knowledge-based test. If it suits your schedule, you have the option to participate in any live virtual program to satisfy the didactic requirements for the training. Afterward, please schedule and attend any live hands-on event for Botox and Dermal Filler Training.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Participants must download and review our color training manual and videos via Empire’s state-of-the-art educational portal — a comprehensive supplement to the prerequisite training modules. It’s filled with useful information about:
- The patient consultation process, including communicating the expected results of Botox treatments, making facial/head/neck markings, and injection/treatment techniques aligned with patient goals
- Key characteristics and handling (including dilution, reconstitution, and storage) of botulinum toxin Type-A products
- Key facial anatomy concepts, including facial contraindications, zones of adherence, and correcting complications and adverse events
The color training manual also includes a detailed overview of dosing, indications for treatment, safe injection techniques, and generally accepted practices for the following Botox treatments:
- Glabellar complex area
- Lateral canthal rhytids
- Forehead lines
- Medial and lateral brow (lift)
- Gummy smile
- Dimpled chin
- Marionette lines
- Platysma banding
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the palms and underarms)
Additional Aesthetic Procedures and Advanced Injection Techniques
We’re also happy to offer an optional video series covering additional aesthetic procedures and advanced injection techniques. Plus, as a participant in our Charlotte area training course, you’ll receive complimentary access to our entire library of educational materials for botulinum toxin practitioners.
We recommend that you review the manual to enhance your in-person learning experience further, as this is an integral part of the clinical portion of the program.
We’ve planned and implemented our Charlotte Complete Botox® Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics program in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s accreditation requirements and policies.
We’re proud to bring you this training in partnership with Medical Education Resources, an organization accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
Medical Education Resources designates our Charlotte training course for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. You should claim only the credit commensurate with your participation in our hands-on training session.
Medical Education Resources is also an accredited provider of continuing nursing education through the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. You’ll earn 8.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education following successful completion.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299.
Morning Session Botox Training
7:45 a.m.-8:00 a.m. • Registration.
8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for botulinum toxin Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. • Hands‐On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer botulinum toxin, Type‐A FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
Afternoon Session Dermal Filler Training (separate registration fee)
12:45 p.m.-1:00 p.m. • Registration.
1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for Complete Dermal Filler Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. • Hands‐On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
- Marionette Lines
- Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
- Pre-Jowl Sulcus
- Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training’s safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies before participating in the hands-on session and must adhere to CDC guidelines at all times.
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training’s Botox Charlotte training team is excited to welcome you to the stunning and thriving city of Charlotte. You’re certain to enjoy your stay here!
Read on to learn more about:
- Where to stay in Charlotte
- How to get there (and get around once you’re settled in)
- Fun things to do and see in Charlotte and surrounding communities
Charlotte is conveniently situated on the border between North and South Carolina. Although we recommend staying at our host hotel, the Hilton Charlotte Uptown, you can choose from dozens of fine lodging options in and around the city.
Hilton Charlotte Uptown
Located in the heart of bustling Charlotte, it’s close to the shops, restaurants, museums, and outdoor attractions that make this corner part of the country so appealing.
When you stay at this special all-suite hotel, you’ll enjoy amenities like:
- Separate living and sleeping areas in every room
- A mini-fridge in your living area
- Free high-speed WiFi
- A smart HDTV
- A spacious, comfortable work area
- On-site restaurant
- Executive lounge
- Meeting rooms and business center
How to get to The Hilton Charlotte Uptown Hotel
The Hilton Charlotte Uptown is in the city center, which is a short drive from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Back up your GPS with these easy driving directions:
From Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Take Old Dowd Rd to Wilkinson Blvd
- Continue on Wilkinson Blvd to S College St. Take exit 1E from I-277 N/US-74 E
- Continue on S College St to your destination
From Concord-Padgett Regional Airport
- Get on I-85 S from Derita Rd and Concord Mills Boulevard.
- Follow I-85 S and I-77 S/US-21 S to NC-27 E/US-29 N/W Morehead St in Charlotte. Take exit 10 A from I-77 S/US-21 S
- Follow NC-27 E/W Morehead St and S College St to your destination.
The best way to get around the local area is by car, and major car rental companies serve both of the region’s airports. If you prefer not to rent a car, Uber and Lyft have great coverage throughout the area.
If you’d prefer not to stay with us at the Hilton Charlton Uptown, consider any of these fine properties nearby:
- Hyatt Place Charlton Downtown
- Charlotte Marriott City Center
- Sheraton Charlotte Hotel
- The Dunhill Hotel
- JW Marriott Charlotte
- Hyatt Centric Charlotte South
- The Westin Charlotte
- Kimpton Tryton Park Hotel
- Le Meridien Charlotte
- DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte
What to Do In Charlotte
We hope you’ll take some time outside of training to explore Charlotte and perhaps beyond. Some of the city’s most popular attractions lie within a short walk or drive, so you will not have to venture far whether you are looking for some outdoor activities or some cultural attractions.
Outdoor Activities in Charlotte and Surrounding Areas
The weather in and around Charlotte is perfect for outdoor activity for much of the year, thanks to the Appalachian Mountains, which block many midwestern storms and cold weather. Nestled on the border of North and South Carolina, there is so much to experience and enjoy, including:
- Freedom Park: A chilled-out spot in the heart of the city which is home to plenty of sports and outdoor activities. Discovery Place Nature is an ideal family spot within the park.
- Lake Norman: Located just a 30-minute drive outside of the city center, this is a beautiful and scenic area that feels a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden: The perfect spot to enjoy a beautifully manicured and maintained public space that features the five-story high Orchid Conservatory.
- Romare Bearden Park: Explore 5.4 acres of public parkland named after a famous Charlotte-born artist. It presents incredible views of the city’s skyline.
- Reedy Creek Nature Center and Preserve: With more than 10 miles of paths and trails to explore, there are hundreds of varieties of flora and fauna to spot. There is also a nature center on-site to learn more about the area's biodiversity.
- Latta Nature Preserve: If you want to escape the city entirely, this forested nature preserve gives you the chance to enjoy and appreciate the stunning scenery of Mountain Island Lake.
Culture and Entertainment in Charlotte and Beyond
Charlotte is one of the main cultural hotspots of the Carolinas. As the city center is relatively compact, you will not have to venture far to enjoy some special cultural experiences. Some of these attractions and experiences can be found within walking distance of our hotel, while others are just a short drive away.
- Uptown Area: The bustling and energetic heart of Charlotte provides the perfect introduction to the city. The ideal place to enjoy food and drinks.
- NoDa Arts District: You can indulge your artistic side in the NoDa Arts District, which is home to plenty of beautiful murals, as well as outdoor structures and art pieces.
- Mint Museum & Harvey B Gantt Center: For lovers of both American and European art and culture, this is the ideal place to appreciate a wide variety of styles and designs. Both feature frequent special exhibitions.
- Carowinds: For thrill-seekers and adventure-lovers, Carowinds is a classic American amusement park that features the tallest Giga coaster in the whole of the US, as well as plenty of other thrills and spills.
- South End: If you are looking for a night out on the town, the South end has an endless supply of cool bars and tasty dining spots to enjoy.
Discovery Place Science: For those who are scientifically minded, Discovery Place Science presents plenty of live exhibitions and crowd-pleasing events.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews