About the Workshop
Our Botox Training & Certification Courses are designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed health-care practitioners. Hands-on instruction and training are always conducted by renowned “physician only” trainers. Botox classes cover the administration of Botox for all common and less common aesthetic and medical uses for the aesthetic practitioner. 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ provided.
Additional Course Information
The Complete Botox® Training program utilizes two educational methods. One method is through didactic lectures, aka classroom learning. The other is with practical hands-on experience in administering Botox injections.
In the beginning, the didactic lectures will teach you about botulinum toxin Type-A, including its fundamentals and cosmetic indications for use during procedures. Once the lesson is complete, you will possess the knowledge required to complete a range of common and not-so-common procedures that involve Botox.
The Charleston program is approved for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ hours.
As for the hands-on practice, you are given step-by-step guidance by board-certified physicians as you work on live volunteer patients. These patients will have various common facial rhytids, including the likes of glabellar lines and crow's feet. The physicians who teach you during this practical period are industry experts, and they will supply detailed feedback and advice throughout each treatment.
It's not just Botox injections you learn about during the training weekend. You are also taught about additional aesthetic procedures like dermal fillers, which ensures you acquire a full repertoire of cosmetic treatments for your practice.
After finishing the Complete Botox Training program, you won't just have the knowledge and capability to execute an assortment of cosmetic procedures – including techniques that cannot be learned elsewhere. By working under the direct supervision of our expert physicians, you'll also acquire the confidence to perform all of these modern, cutting-edge treatments at your practice.
Attend our Charleston Complete Botox® Training program, and you'll learn:
- Basic facial anatomy and key Botox injection sites
- The differences between the botulinum toxin Type-A products (such as Botox®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®). For those interested in getting the most from the course training, we have conveniently scheduled the Dermal Filler Training program in the afternoon. This course will teach Dermal Filler products (such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
- Specific techniques and methods for injecting Botox procedures
- The mechanism of action for each type of medication and formulation
- How to identify ideal candidates for Botox treatments and exclude unsuitable candidates (such as those with medical contraindications)
- How to properly and effectively inject botulinum toxin Type-A while reducing procedure risk and patient complications
- The generally accepted protocols for botulinum toxin Type-A administration for both aesthetic and medical complaints
- The proper guidelines for the patient acquisition and charting, including management of required paperwork like medical intake and informed consent forms
- How to manage patient preferences and expectations before treatment
- Post-treatment follow-up protocols and how to address and correct adverse events (complications)
- How to manage long-term botulinum toxin Type-A patients and deliver enhanced patient care over the course of the relationship
- How to market, promote and engage with your target demographic using a complete integrated marketing communications plan.
To learn additional details about the Charleston training course, please visit our complete Botox training workshop page. You can also phone 866-261-5164 if you have any further inquiries.
Who the event is for?
Firstly, the event is for those passionate about providing Botox and other aesthetic treatments. We are proud to offer the best training available in this field, and you are given the tools and guidance to become the best possible aesthetic practitioner.
The program is for licensed healthcare professionals only. These include physicians, dentists, and nurses. Location-wise, the event is also ideal if you're based in Charleston, Summerville, Savannah, Augusta, or any other surrounding area of South Carolina.
A mandatory requirement of our Charleston course is the completion of our 8-hour AMA PRS Category 1 Credit certification prerequisite materials. Upon signing up, you can use Empire's online portal to remotely access all instructional materials, including thorough protocols and complication avoidance.
The online portal also features a range of professional-grade videos. Viewable on laptops, mobile phones, tablets, and all other applicable devices, these videos present a more engaging way to learn.
Before you make your way to our Charleston seminar, you must take our short knowledge test and achieve a passing grade. This helps us to know you are at the right standard to maximize your learning during our training program.
Optional live virtual training is available to boost your learning before attending in-person.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Before attending the Charleston training course, downloading and reviewing the color training manual and videos is mandatory. These supplements are packed with information relating to the program, including:
- The patient consultation process, including communicating the expected results of Botox treatments, making facial/head/neck markings, and injection/treatment techniques aligned with patient goals
- Key characteristics and handling (including dilution, reconstitution, and storage) of botulinum toxin Type-A products
- Key facial anatomy concepts, including facial contraindications, zones of adherence, and correcting complications and adverse events
The manual is also home to detailed overviews – with each covering dosing levels, indications for treatment, correct injection techniques, and more – for the following Botox treatments:
- Glabellar complex area
- Lateral canthal rhytids
- Forehead lines
- Medial and lateral brow (lift)
- Gummy smile
- Dimpled chin
- Marionette lines
- Platysma banding
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the palms and underarms)
Additional Aesthetic Procedures and Advanced Injection Techniques
In additon to everything mentioned above, we are excited to provide an optional video series as part of the program. These videos provide detailed information about advanced injection techniques and additional aesthetic procedures that are not part of the base course. With complimentary access given to our entire library of educational materials, it is recommended you take full advantage of this video series to enhance your clinical studies further.
Meeting the accreditation requirements and policies listed by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ensures our Charleston Complete Botox® Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics course is highly accredited.
At Empire Medical Training, we have pledged to educate and train the aesthetic professionals of the future. For this reason, we have further enhanced our program by working together with Medical Education Resources. It is this organization that designates our Charleston program with the maximum 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Furthermore, Medical Education Resources works in association with the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This means if you work within the nursing industry and complete our course, you will receive 8.0 contact hours towards your continued nursing education.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299.
Morning Session Botox Training
7:45 a.m.–8:00 a.m. • Registration.
8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for botulinum toxin training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer botulinum toxin, Type A FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
Afternoon Session Dermal Filler Training (separate registration fee)
12:45 p.m.–1:00 p.m. • Registration.
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for Complete Dermal Filler Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
- Marionette Lines
- Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
- Pre-Jowl Sulcus
- Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training's safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies prior to participating in the hands-on session and must adhere to CDC guidelines at all times.
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training's Botox Charleston team welcomes you to South Carolina! This charming port city is considered one of the country's best travel destinations, with rich history, beautiful sandy beaches, dining delights, and horse-drawn carriages, all adding to the experience.
Below you will find essential information to plan your visit to Charleston, including:
- Charleston hotel information
- How to reach the host venue
- Attractions not to miss in Charleston
As the largest city in South Carolina, Charleston is a two-hour drive from the state's capital, Columbia. If you're traveling from further afield, the city is served by Charleston International Airport. Charleston is home to a wide array of fantastic hotels. However, we would love to see you stay over the weekend at our host hotel, the Francis Marion Hotel.
Francis Marion Hotel
This year's Complete Botox Training workshop will be hosted at the historic Francis Marion Hotel. Opened in 1924, the property has a prime position in Charleston's Historic District. As the only high-rise hotel in this district, Francis Marion Hotel boasts unsurpassed views of the city's harbor.
Along with a downtown location that cannot be beaten in terms of convenience, the hotel features an assortment of amenities, including:
- Each timelessly decorated room is beautifully restored with a granite bathroom, flat-screen television, and dedicated workspace.
- Rooms on the higher floors also offer incredible panoramic views of the Charleston harbor.
- Indulge at the Spa Adagio, the hotel's full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments, skincare, massage therapy, and more.
- The Swamp Fox Restaurant and Bar serves classic southern cuisine, while you can grab a quick drink or snack from the on-site Starbucks.
- The meeting space extends to 18,000 square feet in total.
- The well-equipped fitness center features modern equipment and is ideal for maintaining exercise routines.
How to Get Here
As you're in the heart of Charleston, you will have no issues locating the Francis Marion Hotel. For non-locals participating in our Charleston Complete Botox® Training program, they will often fly into the city via Charleston International Airport.
The airport is located less than 12 miles from the hotel. The Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority (CARTA) can be used to get a bus from the airport into the city center. Yet convenience levels are boosted considerably if you hire a rental car for getting around.
From Charleston International Airport:
If you have decided to go with a rental car, simply follow these instructions to get from Charleston International Airport to the host hotel:
- From the airport, get onto International Blvd and head towards Dreamliner Dr
- At Dreamliner Dr, do a U-turn. Now take a left and merge onto I-526 E towards Mt Pleasant
- Take exit 17 and merge onto I-26 E towards Charleston.
- Travel for eight miles before going left and taking exit 221B. You will end up on Meeting St.
- Continue on Meeting St for 0.8 miles until you take a right turn to get onto Calhoun St. The Francis Marion Hotel is on your right.
Are there no rooms available at the Francis Marion Hotel? Perhaps you prefer staying at a different accommodation in the city? The good news is there are many hotel options in Charleston, ensuring there's one out there which matches your budget and preferences. Here are our recommendations:
- John Rutledge House
- The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Kings Courtyard Inn
- Market Pavilion Hotel
- Zero George
- Hilton Club Liberty Place Charleston
- Hotel Bella Grace
- Hotel Bennett
- The Dewberry Charleston
- 20 South Battery
- HarbourView Inn
What to Do
Your main reason for being in Charleston is to complete our training course. However, we hope you manage to find a few spare moments to explore what this city has to offer. With its mix of history, nature, and unique attractions, there's something for everyone to enjoy in Charleston.
Outdoor Activities in Charleston and Surrounding Areas
If the weather's nice during your weekend in Charleston, here are some outdoor activities we recommend checking out:
- Folly Beach: Complete with a pier and a street lined with souvenir and surf stores, it is worth making the venture to Folly Beach. The main attraction, of course, is its long stretch of pristine, inviting sand – a hit with tourists and locals alike.
- Rainbow Row: Situated on East Bay Street, Rainbow Row is a collection of historic houses – 13 to be precise – that have a distinctive feature: they are all painted in a bright, pastel color. This city landmark is a stunning piece of history worthy of being admired and added to your Instagram profile for a post or two.
- The Battery: Formerly a defensive seawall, The Battery is now a charming promenade that sits along the Charleston peninsula. Enjoy panoramic harbor views, grab a bite to eat from one of the local food options, and chill at White Point Gardens.
- Angel Oak Park: In general, this park is fairly standard. That's other than Angel Oak itself, a huge oak tree that is said to be remarkably over 500 years old. Admire the view of the park and the tree and soak up the history while you take a stroll or eat your lunch.
Culture and Entertainment in Charleston and Beyond
With its history and culture in mind, there are many highly rated attractions found in Charleston. We've picked out a few of our favorites that are a must-visit:
- Historic Charleston City Market: Arguably the most revered spot in the city, the Historic Charleston City Market – in operation since the early 1800s – is the place to go for local food, crafts, and souvenirs to take home.
- South Carolina Aquarium: You can see more than 5,000 animals at the excellent South Carolina Aquarium. An exhibit highlight is The Shallows, where you can pet the cownose stingrays!
- Fort Sumter: Wander amongst the fort ruins as you explore the site where the first shots were fired during the Civil War. You also get a bonus "cruise" as you can only access the fort by ferry.
Firefly Distillery: Recognized as the state's largest distillery, get an inside look at the manufacturing process behind Firefly's Original Sweet Tea Vodka. You also get the opportunity to sample various distillery-only products during an educational – and entertaining – tour.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews