About the Workshop
Our Botox Training & Certification Courses are designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed health-care practitioners. Hands-on instruction and training are always conducted by renowned “physician only” trainers. Botox classes cover the administration of Botox for all common and less common aesthetic and medical uses for the aesthetic practitioner. 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ provided.
Additional Course Information
To convince you our Boston Botox® training program is the right fit, we'll further explain what this weekend features below.
For the lecture portion of your training, you will be first taught the fundamentals of botulinum toxin Type-A, which includes its indications for use. When you're finished with these lectures, you will walk out of the classroom with the core knowledge necessary to perform a variety of Botox and other facial aesthetic treatments – including not-so-common ones.
To show the highly accredited nature of the course, it is approved for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit hours.
For the program's practical aspect, you are given first-hand experience as you rehearse procedures while working on volunteer patients. Along with putting into practice what you've already learned, you are guided by our industry-leading, board-certified physicians. They will teach you, step-by-step, how to treat crow's feet, dimpled chin, glabellar lines, and other common facial rhytids.
Learning about more techniques than just Botox builds up your aesthetic procedure repertoire. By learning from top-tier physicians, you gain priceless feedback that can maximize your proficiency when performing treatments. By learning from a program that's AMA PRA Category 1 Credit accredited, you are also reassured you're receiving the finest possible training.
Attend our Boston Complete Botox® Training program, and you'll learn:
- Basic facial anatomy and key Botox injection sites
- The differences between the botulinum toxin Type-A products (such as Botox®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®). For those interested in getting the most from the course training, we have conveniently scheduled the Dermal Filler Training program in the afternoon. This course will teach Dermal Filler products (such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more. )
- Specific techniques and methods for injecting Botox procedures
- The mechanism of action for each type of medication and formulation
- How to identify ideal candidates for Botox treatments and exclude unsuitable candidates (such as those with medical contraindications)
- How to properly and effectively inject botulinum toxin Type-A while reducing procedure risk and patient complications
- The generally accepted protocols for botulinum toxin Type-A administration for both aesthetic and medical complaints
- The proper guidelines for the patient acquisition and charting, including management of required paperwork like medical intake and informed consent forms
- How to manage patient preferences and expectations before treatment
- Post-treatment follow-up protocols and how to address and correct adverse events (complications)
- How to manage long-term botulinum toxin Type-A patients and deliver enhanced patient care over the course of the relationship
- How to market, promote and engage with your target demographic using a complete integrated marketing communications plan.
Visit the complete Botox training workshop page for more details about our Boston Botox and filler training course. Alternatively, call us at 866-261-5164.
Who the event is for?
Healthcare professionals, such as dentists, physicians, and nurses, are who the event was specifically designed for. Sadly, this means those who are not professionals or are currently studying are not suitable for this course.
Due to the location of the seminar, it is particularly suitable for medical professionals that are located in Boston, Waltham, Salem, Quincy, or any other nearby area within Massachusetts. Although accounting for transport links, it can be reached easily by those situated further afield.
Simply put, if you're a local medical professional with the desire to become the best possible aesthetic practitioner, this event is for you.
Preparation is necessary to successfully complete our training course. As a result, you will gain access to our online portal, where you will find the 8-hour AMA PRS Category 1 Credit certification prerequisite instructional materials. You will find a wealth of information within these materials, including comprehensive details on protocols and complication avoidance.
The prerequisite materials can be viewed on all applicable devices – and that includes our professionally-produced videos. This means as long as you have an internet connection and a suitable device such as a smartphone at hand, you can get in some preparation. There's also an optional live virtual training program to further enhance your pre-workshop education.
To show you're at the desired level, you must also score a passing grade on a short knowledge test.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Before making your way to Boston, you must download and review both our color training manual and videos. These materials are available on Empire's educational portal. The manual is a comprehensive supplement, one packed with details such as:
- The patient consultation process, including communicating the expected results of Botox treatments, making facial/head/neck markings, and injection/treatment techniques aligned with patient goals
- Key characteristics and handling (including dilution, reconstitution, and storage) of botulinum toxin Type-A products
- Key facial anatomy concepts, including facial contraindications, zones of adherence, and correcting complications and adverse events
In addition, the training manual goes over essential topics relating to specific Botox® treatments, including dosage levels, the right injection techniques, indications for treatment, and generally accepted practices. These Botox treatments are:
- Glabellar complex area
- Lateral canthal rhytids
- Forehead lines
- Medial and lateral brow (lift)
- Gummy smile
- Dimpled chin
- Marionette lines
- Platysma banding
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the palms and underarms)
Additional Aesthetic Procedures and Advanced Injection Techniques
You can learn about additional aesthetic treatments and advanced injection techniques with our optional video series. As a valued Boston attendee, you are given complimentary access to these videos – and our full library of Botox educational resources in general – as soon as you sign up for our program.
To maximize your learning experience with us, it's highly recommended you utilize this additional service to improve your overall clinical studies.
To ensure our Boston Complete Botox Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics program received the accreditation it deserved, the course was meticulously planned to meet the requirements and strict policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
We are devoted to training and guiding the aesthetic practitioners of the future. This is why we are proud to provide our training alongside the Medical Education Resources. The course's 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ are also designated by the MER. Note: you should claim only the credit commensurate with your participation in our hands-on training session.
The MER, via their partnership with the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation, is also accredited to provide contact hours towards continuing nursing education. 8.0 contact hours are awarded following the successful completion of our program.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299.
Morning Session Botox Training
7:45 a.m.–8:00 a.m. • Registration.
8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for botulinum toxin training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer botulinum toxin, Type A FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
Afternoon Session Dermal Filler Training (separate registration fee)
12:45 p.m.–1:00 p.m. • Registration.
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for Complete Dermal Filler Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
- Marionette Lines
- Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
- Pre-Jowl Sulcus
- Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training's safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies prior to participating in the hands-on session and must adhere to CDC guidelines at all times.
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training's Boston Botox team welcomes you to The City on a Hill! With its compact nature, beautiful architecture, rich history, unique culture, and delicious food, there are few other backdrops for your training that can match the majesty of Boston.
To learn more about the city and to plan your visit, the following guide will spotlight:
- Where to stay in Boston
- How to reach the host venue
- Must-visit Boston attractions
The capital of Massachusetts, Boston is served by one major airport: Boston Logan International Airport. The airport is situated just six miles from our host venue, the Hotel Commonwealth. Speaking of which, and while the city obviously boasts an array of top-quality accommodation choices, we'd love to see you stay with us at the luxurious Hotel Commonwealth.
The four-star Hotel Commonwealth is the base this year for our Complete Botox® Training program in Boston. The property has a fantastic location in the heart of the city, but this is just the start of the benefits of this hotel. If you choose to be a guest at the Hotel Commonwealth, you can look forward to the following amenities:
- The 245 rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully decorated. Each room also includes premium complimentary toiletries, a flat-screen Smart TV, and a refrigerator.
- The hotel's 24-hour fitness center means you can fit in a workout whenever you fancy.
- Complimentary coffee and curated snacks are provided daily.
- The on-site TsuruTonTan Udon Noodle Brasserie serves authentic, homemade Japanese udon noodle dishes. In-room dining is also available.
- With a 24-hour business center and event spaces totaling over 12,000 square feet, work is made easy while on the road.
How to Get Here
With its prime location across from Fenway Park, you won't be able to miss Hotel Commonwealth once you arrive in downtown Boston. If you're getting into the city by plane, the Boston Logan International Airport is just a 15-to-20-minute drive from the hotel.
Boston is relatively compact and is a famously walkable city. This means if you're not planning on venturing too far beyond the downtown area, it makes sense to stick with a taxi from the airport. You can then use Boston's subway or Bluebikes to get around with ease. Yet, if you want the freedom to explore wherever and whenever, rental cars are always an option.
From Boston Logan International Airport
If you decide to opt for a rental car, below is how to get from the airport to the Hotel Commonwealth. Keep in mind this route has a toll road:
- From the airport, get onto Airport Rd – Arrival Level. Stick to the right lane and follow the signs for MA-1A S.
- Stay on the MA-1A S for 1.5 miles. Stick to the right and take the MA-3 N exit.
- Continue until you get onto Storrow Dr. The signs will indicate Storrow Drive West.
- Remain in the middle lane so you can exit towards Kenmore Sq.
- Get onto Charlesgate W. After about 200 feet, take a right turn onto Beacon St. After 0.2 miles, take a left onto Commonwealth Avenue. The Hotel Commonwealth is on your right.
Our desire is for you to stay with us at the Hotel Commonwealth. However, if you prefer to stay elsewhere, you won't have any difficulty finding alternative accommodation. Here are some top-rated hotels nearby:
- The Verb Hotel
- The Eliot Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Boston/Cambridge
- Fairmont Copley Plaza
- Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Boston
- Boston Marriott Copley Place
- The Godfrey Hotel Boston
- Omni Parker House
- Sheraton Boston Hotel
What to Do
Your main focus will be on the training course. That's why you are coming to Boston in the first place. However, we encourage you to take a break after your training sessions. Rather than staying in your hotel room, venture outside and see first-hand why Boston is such a popular destination. With your time limited, however, we have picked out a few specific attractions worthy of fitting into your schedule.
Outdoor Activities in Boston and Surrounding Areas
Even though the city is a bustling metropolis, Boston features a number of fantastic outdoor activities for you to enjoy. Here are the attractions we recommend you put at the top of your to-do list:
- Boston Common: Recognized as the United States' oldest city park, Boston Common dates all the way back to 1634. This 50-acre green paradise is the place to go when you want to unwind from the city's usual hustle and bustle.
- Public Garden: Situated directly across from the Boston Common, the Public Garden was America's first-ever public botanical garden. Year-round, this floral delight is often considered the most beautiful spot in Boston.
- Castle Island: Combine history and recreation with a trip to Castle Island. After walking around Fort Independence, relax at one of the nearby beaches.
- Franklin Park Zoo: Home to big cats, gorillas, giraffes, zebras, and many other exotic animals, Franklin Park Zoo is a quaint, delightful 72-acre zoo that is fun for all ages to explore.
Culture and Entertainment in Boston and Beyond
Boston is the cultural hub of Massachusetts. It is teeming with historical landmarks, fun attractions, dining hotspots, and so much more. Here are some recommendations:
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace: There's no better place to go shopping in Boston than Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Along with a wide assortment of independent stores and stalls, the Marketplace is also known as a go-to food destination for local dishes and global delights.
- Fenway Park: Situated across from our host hotel, Fenway Park has been the Boston Red Sox's home since 1912. The MLB's oldest ballpark, it's worth taking a tour of this historic stadium if you cannot get a ticket to a game.
- Isabella Steward Gardner Museum: The Venetian palace design of the building draws you in, but it is the artistic treasures within – and the stories they tell – that keep people entranced at the Isabella Steward Gardner Museum.
- The Institute of Contemporary Art: Situated in Boston's vibrant Seaport District, the waterfront Institute of Contemporary Art houses an assortment of exhibitions. The art is sometimes controversial, sometimes challenging, but always worth seeing.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews