About the Workshop
Additional Course Information
During a full day in East Rutherford, attendees will review detailed protocols for pre-injection, injection techniques, innervation, and the use of blind injection techniques when pertinent. Supported by high-quality videos of the studied procedures with the assistance of our faculty experts, the program features an evidence-based approach to diagnosing different pain conditions and the subsequent therapeutic options available to physicians.
The Advanced MSK Ultrasound Guided Injections reviews different chronic and sub-acute pain conditions that are common to the pain management practice:
- Suprascapular nerve block
- Hemiplegic shoulder pain
- Refractory frozen shoulder
- Trigger Finger
- Thickened flexor tendon in distal palm
- Anterior Approach Hip Injections
- Iliopsoas Tendon
- Achilles Tendon Injections
- Peroneal Tendinitis
- Compressed Tibial Nerve
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Biceps Tendon Injection
- Genicular Nerve Block
- Saphenous Nerve Block
- Intercostal Nerve Block
- Neurolysis Options
- Paravertebral Nerve Block
- Epidural, site locations and multiple symptoms (i.e. MFR)
- Occipital Nerve Blocks
- Occipital Headache
- Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block
- Multiple Applications (i.e. Zoster, Migraine and Cluster Headaches, CRPS)
- Supraorbital Nerve Block
- Superficial Cervical Plexus
- Stellate Ganglion Block
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks (Cervical Spine)
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block
- Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block
- Ganglion Impars Block
- Celiac Plexus Block
- Trigeminal Nerve Block
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (Tic doloreux)
- Transversus Abdominis Plane Block
- Ilioinguinal Nerve Block
- Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve Block
The course also covers ASIPP Guidelines for the use of P-PRP plasma injections and L-PRP (PRF) and reviews current regulations, results grading, and a wide range of evidence-based research for:
- Biologics (PRP and MSC) for lumbar discogenic pain- Level 3
- PRP for Lumbar Facet pain- Level 4
- PRP for Lower back pain and lower extremity in the Epidural Space - Level 4
- PRP in the Sacroiliac joint - Level 4
In providing the highest standard of care for patients, attendees will learn about different areas of adherence, contraindications for treatment, and management of potential post-procedure adverse events and complications, including billing and coding considerations for practitioners in East Rutherford for all procedures.
After your stay in East Rutherford we expect you to become comfortable with:
- Identifying Local Anesthetic (LA) toxicity: acute and chronic management (Progressions & Symptoms)
- Understanding the available pharmacological solutions used for pain procedures including mechanism of action, selection, and side effects.
- Performing functional tests to establish an initial diagnosis and utilize ultrasound for further diagnosis of pain conditions.
- Describing various sub-acute and chronic pain conditions affecting patients who would benefit from Interventional Pain procedures.
- Fully understanding all protocols associated with Advanced Interventional Pain Procedures.
- Reviewing various nerve blocks and interventions to relieve pain in an array of body part areas, medical conditions, and pre-existing conditions.
- Using ultrasound imaging guidance to carry out interventional pain management procedures.
- Helping patients understand what to expect from interventional pain therapy
- Reviewing current guidelines and "standard of care" considerations, such as malpractice insurance and patient documentation, for the various pain conditions and treatment approaches described.
- Formulating a treatment plan after reviewing pertinent anatomy and characteristics associated with various pain conditions using ultrasound guidance.
- Reviewing billing and coding options for using image guidance to treat various pain procedures.
Who the event is for?
Designed for practitioners based or visiting East Rutherford, and who are also looking to expand their pain management options while learning the “pearls” of injection-guided techniques, pertinent anatomy, needle placement, and patient positioning. If you are a licensed physician based in East Rutherford, Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Clifton, or any other nearby area in New Jersey, this course was made for you.
Planning your visit
East Rutherford and its neighboring cities have a great number of churches, temples, and cathedrals that are true architectural gems. In Newark, the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart is an impressive Gothic church that rises above the urban skyline. In Paterson, the Church of St. Michael is a beautiful Neo-Gothic church built in red sandstone. In Elizabeth, the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is a stunning Romanesque-style building with a magnificent brick and terracotta facade. In Clifton, the Russian Orthodox Church of St. Michael is an impressive Byzantine-style building with stunning mosaics and frescoes. Get ready to marvel at the impressive religious architecture in East Rutherford and its neighboring cities!
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews