About the Workshop
Get $300 OFFExpires soon!
Additional Course Information
Attendees of the Nashville Ultrasound Guided Interventional Pain Management Procedures seminar will take part in didactic lectures in the morning and hands-on training in the afternoon so they can provide better treatment for patients with diverse medical and pain management difficulties. The use of MSK sonography for therapeutic injections as image guiding and diagnostic purposes for the assessment of specific pain conditions will be reviewed throughout the course.
Technological improvements to musculoskeletal transducers for ultrasound allow for clearer imaging resolution in visualizing peripheral nerves and their adjacent structures. An alternative to traditional "fluoroscopy" for pain management, ultrasound poses the benefit of increased reimbursement. With technological improvements, improved healing time, reduced pain, and increased reimbursement, Ultrasound Guided Injection Procedures are an attractive addition to any physician working in pain management. In addition, the Nashville-based program includes the expandability of newer ultrasound technologies, software, and other practical uses for ultrasound within your practice.
In specialized case scenarios, combination techniques can help produce better results. Alternative uses for musculoskeletal ultrasound will be discussed during the course, including the use of PRP injections for pain management.
During your stay in Nashville, we expect you to become proficient in the following:
- Perform MSK ultrasound for joints (bursa) and soft tissues such as tendons and muscles. Learn proper transducer position to ensure adequate placement of needle injection.
- Learn from simulated procedures for the injection in soft tissues and joints (bursa) using sonography as image guidance for placement.
- Understand limitations, clinical uses, and mechanisms of action for ultrasound sonography as well as its benefits to patients in an office setting. Identify various bone and soft tissue structures and characteristics associated with the diagnosis of inflamed soft tissue.
- Enhanced patient selection using a diagnostic and therapeutic approach from image guidance, patient benefits over palpation for injection, and diagnostic interpretation of certain pain conditions using sonography to verify functional tests.
- Improve patient awareness and benefits associated with sonography for pain conditions and offer enhanced patient care about this non-invasive, non-surgical procedure.
- Perform joint injections in the shoulder, hip, knee, sacroiliac joint, and various small joints using ultrasound. Learn "in-plane" and "out-of-plane" injection techniques and aspiration.
- Thorough understanding of anatomical landmarks necessary for injection techniques and the various pathologies that would benefit from the use of ultrasound-guided injections.
- Perform ultrasound-guided injections for use in upper and lower extremity joints such as the shoulder, hip, knee, sacroiliac joint, and small joints.
- Learn the alternative uses for musculoskeletal transducers such as PRP injections.
- Understand the principles of ultrasound physics and the fundamentals of musculoskeletal imaging as well as a diagnostic tool through interpretation.
- Successfully integrate ultrasound within your practice. Learn the specifics of business and and marketing including billing and coding as well as the various technologies available for physicians.
Who the event is for?
If you are a licensed physician based in Nashville, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Gallatin, or any other nearby area in Tennessee, this course was made for you.
Planning your visit
Discover the true taste of Tennessee at the local farms and producers in the outskirts of Nashville! From the city of Franklin, with its historic farms and farmers' markets, to the picturesque towns of Murfreesboro, Brentwood, and Gallatin, Tennessee's rural areas offer a wide variety of fresh and organic products. Visitors can explore local farms and vineyards, taste fresh cheese and other dairy products, pick seasonal fruits and vegetables, and enjoy authentic home-cooked meals at local restaurants. Additionally, many producers offer guided tours and demonstrations on how their products are made. Discover the true taste of Tennessee at the local farms and producers in the outskirts of Nashville, and take home a part of the unique culture and flavor of this beautiful region.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews