About the Workshop
Get $300 OFFExpires soon!
Additional Course Information
Attendees of the Fort Lauderdale/Miami Ultrasound Guided Interventional Pain Management Procedures seminar will take part in didactic lectures in the morning and hands-on training in the afternoon so they can provide better treatment for patients with diverse medical and pain management difficulties. The use of MSK sonography for therapeutic injections as image guiding and diagnostic purposes for the assessment of specific pain conditions will be reviewed throughout the course.
Technological improvements to musculoskeletal transducers for ultrasound allow for clearer imaging resolution in visualizing peripheral nerves and their adjacent structures. An alternative to traditional "fluoroscopy" for pain management, ultrasound poses the benefit of increased reimbursement. With technological improvements, improved healing time, reduced pain, and increased reimbursement, Ultrasound Guided Injection Procedures are an attractive addition to any physician working in pain management. In addition, the Fort Lauderdale/Miami-based program includes the expandability of newer ultrasound technologies, software, and other practical uses for ultrasound within your practice.
In specialized case scenarios, combination techniques can help produce better results. Alternative uses for musculoskeletal ultrasound will be discussed during the course, including the use of PRP injections for pain management.
During your stay in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, we expect you to become proficient in the following:
- Perform MSK ultrasound for joints (bursa) and soft tissues such as tendons and muscles. Learn proper transducer position to ensure adequate placement of needle injection.
- Learn from simulated procedures for the injection in soft tissues and joints (bursa) using sonography as image guidance for placement.
- Understand limitations, clinical uses, and mechanisms of action for ultrasound sonography as well as its benefits to patients in an office setting. Identify various bone and soft tissue structures and characteristics associated with the diagnosis of inflamed soft tissue.
- Enhanced patient selection using a diagnostic and therapeutic approach from image guidance, patient benefits over palpation for injection, and diagnostic interpretation of certain pain conditions using sonography to verify functional tests.
- Improve patient awareness and benefits associated with sonography for pain conditions and offer enhanced patient care about this non-invasive, non-surgical procedure.
- Perform joint injections in the shoulder, hip, knee, sacroiliac joint, and various small joints using ultrasound. Learn "in-plane" and "out-of-plane" injection techniques and aspiration.
- Thorough understanding of anatomical landmarks necessary for injection techniques and the various pathologies that would benefit from the use of ultrasound-guided injections.
- Perform ultrasound-guided injections for use in upper and lower extremity joints such as the shoulder, hip, knee, sacroiliac joint, and small joints.
- Learn the alternative uses for musculoskeletal transducers such as PRP injections.
- Understand the principles of ultrasound physics and the fundamentals of musculoskeletal imaging as well as a diagnostic tool through interpretation.
- Successfully integrate ultrasound within your practice. Learn the specifics of business and and marketing including billing and coding as well as the various technologies available for physicians.
Who the event is for?
If you are a licensed physician based in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Miramar, Coral Springs, Hialeah, or any other nearby area in Florida, this course was made for you.
Planning your visit
Do you want to taste authentic Cuban food without having to travel to Cuba? Then Hialeah is the place for you! This city, located in Miami-Dade County, is home to a large Cuban population and is known for its delicious cuisine. Visitors can enjoy traditional dishes such as arroz con pollo, roast pork, and the famous Cuban sandwich. In addition, restaurants in Hialeah offer a variety of Cuban desserts such as flan, rice pudding, and tres leches cake. Visitors can enjoy an authentic Cuban experience while listening to live music at local restaurants and bars. If you're looking for a unique culinary experience, don't miss the opportunity to try Cuban food in Hialeah and immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of Miami's Cuban community.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews