About the Workshop
Inviting our fellow licensed Healthcare Practitioners to learn more about Platelet Rich Plasma and other popular aesthetic procedures during our popular Empire Medical Training 1-Day Program in San Francisco, California.
The San Francisco Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Training for Aesthetics course is the answer to an ever-growing interest in the long-term and permanent benefits of PRP procedures. With Platelet-rich plasma treatments costing $600 - $1800 per patient, physicians and healthcare professionals can boost their incomes with little to no extra expenditure. Paired with other aesthetic injectable procedures such as Dermal Fillers and Botox, PRP Treatments hold unique benefits that can bolster any medical and aesthetic practice.
Get $300 OFFExpires soon!
Additional Course Information
Empire Medical Training combines science, health, and aesthetics to create an educational training program that will prepare students for a career in the medical aesthetics field. Our San Francisco PRP Treatment course has been built upon this principle.
Before you arrive in San Francisco, participants must review the instructional materials for this course, as well as understand the underlying science beneath the PRP procedures. With this at hand, here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know:
PRP therapies, unlike other injectable procedures, work by separating the patient’s blood cells from the plasma liquid via centrifugation. During the process, autologous platelets are harvested for posterior injection. When activated, platelets release a set of adhesive glycoproteins and growth factors that work in conjunction to create a fibrin mesh beneath the patient’s tissue.
Growth factors are a core subject of the PRP Training for Aesthetics course, and as such, the following are to be considered:
- Transforming growth factor beta
- Insulin-like growth factor – I & II
- Epidermal growth factor
- Connective tissue growth factor (i.e., wound healing)
- Interleukin 8
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (i.e., organ regeneration)
- Keratinocyte growth factor
- Fibroblast growth factor
These growth factors can aid in the production of extracellular matrix proteins, new cell proliferation, differentiation, adhesion, and angiogenesis. As a non-synthetic aesthetic treatment, PRP will not be reabsorbed and will continue to exert its growth for up to five weeks after the procedure.
When successfully integrated into your professional practice, PRP treatments can help in the following scenarios:
- Facial Areas (upper and lower)
- Neck Areas
- Male and Female Pattern Baldness
- Female Endocrine Considerations
- Use of Biologics with PRP (Bio-D and A-Cell)
- Conjunctive Prescription and other Combination Therapies
Pain Management Indications
- Chronic Tendinopathies
- Ligament Sprains & Tears
- Large & Small Bursa Injections
- Orofacial Pain and other specific indications
- Intracavernous Injections for Males
- Intra-Vaginal Injections for Females
- Adjunctive Therapies for Sexual Dysfunction
During the San Francisco PRP Training for Aesthetics program, students will review the component factors of Platelet-rich plasma and the two FDA-approved PRP preparation processes (single spin and dual spin), as well as reinjection techniques.
Supported by hands-on training, live demonstrations on patients, extensive sessions for patient education, and a board-certified expert staff of physicians and plastic surgeons, the PRP education seminar focuses on the know-how of PRP so you can swiftly incorporate it into your professional practice.
By completing the course, attendees will become proficient in the following areas:
- Learn about the different types of wrinkles, tissue damage, aesthetic enhancements, alopecia indications, and pain locations that can be treated with PRP technology and suitable injection techniques.
- Learn about the different applications for PRP, such as medical, pain management, sexual dysfunction, and alopecia therapy. Attendees will be given the protocols for each of these therapies and determine when they are necessary.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of various spin methods (single spin/dual spin) and the clinical validity of medical-grade remedies against commercial non-medical solutions marketed online (such as on YouTube) and at trade events.
- Explore platelet-rich plasma components, the clinical validity of PRP, aesthetic uses for PRP, alopecia treatments, and the use of PRP for male and female sexual dysfunction.
- Understand the various FDA-approved protocols for PRP therapy, including optimal indications, dose, and treatment areas when used in conjunction with other tissue augmentation therapies.
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of treatment and when to employ PRP therapy with your patients.
- Learn how to administer different types of injections for the face, neck, décolleté, and hands.
- Learn how to appropriately and effectively communicate with your patients, providing options, describing possible outcomes, and setting expectations.
Who the event is for?
Ideal for certified physicians, oral surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, and plastic surgeons, PRP procedures are an increasingly sought-after and evidence-based practice for a series of intra-operative procedures. If you are a certified physician located in San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, San Mateo, San Jose, or any other nearby area in California, and you want to learn more about PRP for Aesthetics, this course is for you.
To provide the best training available, Empire Medical Training requires you to successfully complete the Empire’s Video On Demand or the Empire-Virtual-Training before participating in the Hands-On Practice Training Module for certification.
All participants will receive access to our always-growing library of educational materials, more pertinent, the Platelet Rich Plasma injection training.
During virtual training, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the Physician instructor. After registration, you will gain access to the Empire’s education portal with access to all instructional materials:
Patient Consultation Process
- Educate and communicate expected results to potential patients
- Techniques that will satisfy your patient's goals and safely and effectively administer the product
Component Factors of platelet-rich-plasma
- Various Growth Factors within Plasma
- Stem Cell Markers
- Other Cytokines within PRP
Mechanism of Action
- Review of various FDA Approved Processes
- Major Steps for Activation
- Technology Review of various methods
- Different Types of PRP
- PRP vs. PRE
Clinical Validity of Platelet Rich Plasma Treatments
- Indications for Treatment
Relative and Absolute Contradictions for PRP Therapies
- Acceptable Treatment Areas and Indications
- Medical Hair Treatments
Aesthetic applications for PRP
- Detailed Charting and Dosing Schedules
- Protocols and Guidelines for PRP Treatments
- Use of PRP Therapies in Combination with other Aesthetic Treatments
- Microneedling & MicroRoller
- Dermal Fillers Sexual Dysfunction Injections using PRP
- Indications for Treatment • Protocols, Standard of Care, and Guidelines
- PRP Injections for Men (Intracavernous)
- PRP Injections for Women (Vaginal Injections)
Alopecia Treatments utilizing PRP
- Choosing the right Candidate
- Indications for Treatment
- Mechanism of Action
- Adding Biologics to Pure PRP Injections
- Detailed Protocols and Injection Guidelines
Post Treatment Care
Planning your visit
The PRP Training for Aesthetics team welcomes you to the City by the Bay, San Francisco. A unique and vibrant city with iconic landmarks, such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, and Fisherman's Wharf, and a rich history of cultural diversity. Sample the famous sourdough bread, seafood, or a cup of coffee from a local roaster, and explore the world-class museums, such as the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art or the Exploratorium. With so much to see and do, we are thrilled to have you here for our PRP course.
San Francisco PRP Training for Aesthetics –and more.
We hope you’ll take some time outside of training to explore San Francisco and its corners. With Empire Medical Training offering multiple courses across the country, San Francisco might not be your last stop. Check our course catalog and plan where you are visiting next.
Want to get the most out of your investment? Explore our Optional Membership Plans and receive all the benefits, including Hands-On Live Patient training for up to 45 free workshops including access to special events.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews