About the Workshop
Our Botox Training & Certification Courses are designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed health-care practitioners. Hands-on instruction and training are always conducted by renowned “physician only” trainers. Botox classes cover the administration of Botox for all common and less common aesthetic and medical uses for the aesthetic practitioner. 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ provided.
Get $300 OFFExpires soon!
Additional Course Information
Before you sign up for our program, here's more information about it.
Our San Francisco Complete Botox® Training program combines didactic lectures (classroom learning) with hands-on training.
The Botox training program provides the fundamentals of botulinum toxin Type-A and cosmetic indications for its use. You'll leave the lecture hall with the knowledge you need to administer all common and not-so-common procedures involving Botox and to perform other common facial esthetics techniques. This course is approved for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ hours.
Our hybrid training with physician-supervised (board-certified top-tier physician experts only) includes hands-on practice with live volunteer patients. Here, you'll have the opportunity to administer Botox to patients presenting with a variety of common facial rhytids such as crow's feet, forehead lines, glabellar lines, or other aesthetic signs and complaints (subject to review by our supervising physicians).
Our expert board-certified physician instructors — all of whom are practice owners with years of Botox injection experience under their belt— will guide you through the procedure and provide helpful feedback that you can take back to your practice.
During the weekend, practitioners will learn about Botox injections and how to perform other aesthetic procedures such as dermal fillers and facial aesthetic procedures.
All programs are AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited. You'll have the confidence and capability to perform a broader range of cosmetic procedures using techniques you won't learn anywhere else, all under the direct supervision and instruction of Empire's highly recognized team of physician instructors. You will incorporate these newly learned and high-demand procedures to your California aesthetics practice and the people who matter most — your patients.
Take part in our San Francisco area Complete Botox® Training program, and you will have the opportunity to learn all sorts of integral skills, including:
- Basic facial anatomy and key Botox injection sites
- The differences between the botulinum toxin Type-A products (such as Botox®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®). For those interested in getting the most from the course training, we have conveniently scheduled the Dermal Filler Training program in the afternoon. This course will teach Dermal Filler products (such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more.)
- Specific techniques and methods for injecting Botox procedures
- The mechanism of action for each type of medication and formulation
- How to identify ideal candidates for Botox treatments and exclude unsuitable candidates (such as those with medical contraindications)
- How to properly and effectively inject botulinum toxin Type-A while reducing procedure risk and patient complications
- The generally accepted protocols for botulinum toxin Type-A administration for both aesthetic and medical complaints
- The proper guidelines for the patient acquisition and charting, including management of required paperwork like medical intake and informed consent forms
- How to manage patient preferences and expectations prior to treatment
- Post-treatment follow-up protocols and how to address and correct adverse events (complications)
- How to manage long-term botulinum toxin Type-A patients and deliver enhanced patient care over the course of the relationship
- How to market, promote and engage with your target demographic using a complete integrated marketing communications plan.
For more information about what to expect from our San Francisco Botox and filler training course, please visit our complete Botox training workshop page or call us at 866-261-5164.
Who the event is for?
Our Complete Botox Training program is tailor-made to meet the educational needs of healthcare practitioners providing aesthetic services to their patients.
If you're an aesthetics practitioner based in San Francisco, Oakland, San Bruno, Albany, Berkley, Piedmont, Richmond, Pacifica, or San Francisco's surrounding areas, this program is designed for you.
This course is created to be the best Botox training course for nurses, physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, and others in the medical field, this course allows your practice to be as capable and effective as possible. Your patients deserve the very best, and we're proud to help you provide it.
Successful completion of prerequisite materials is required for the 8-hour AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ certification. All practitioners who wish to become certified in performing Botox injections must complete all pre-course materials successfully. Access all the didactic information, including thorough protocols, complication avoidance, and more, through our online portal, where you can view our professionally shot, high-definition videos from any device (desktop, tablet, mobile).
Before attending the live component of the training, you must complete and pass a knowledge-based test. If it fits in with your schedule, you have the option to participate in any live virtual program to satisfy the didactic requirements for the training. Afterward, please schedule and attend any live hands-on event for Botox and Dermal Filler Training.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Participants need to download and review our color training manual and videos via Empire's state-of-the-art educational portal — a comprehensive supplement to the prerequisite training modules. It is filled with helpful information about:
- The patient consultation process, including communicating the expected results of Botox treatments, making facial/head/neck markings, and injection/treatment techniques aligned with patient goals
- Key characteristics and handling (including dilution, reconstitution, and storage) of botulinum toxin Type-A products
- Key facial anatomy concepts, including facial contraindications, zones of adherence, and correcting complications and adverse events
The color training manual also includes a detailed overview of dosing, indications for treatment, safe injection techniques, and generally accepted practices for the following Botox treatments:
- Glabellar complex area
- Lateral canthal rhytids
- Forehead lines
- Medial and lateral brow (lift)
- Gummy smile
- Dimpled chin
- Marionette lines
- Platysma banding
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the palms and underarms)
Additional Aesthetic Procedures and Advanced Injection Techniques
As a participant in our San Francisco area training course, you'll receive complimentary access to our entire library of educational materials for botulinum toxin practitioners. We're also happy to offer an optional video series covering additional aesthetic procedures and advanced injection techniques. Review the manual to further enhance your in-person learning experience, as this is an integral part of the clinical portion of the program.
We've planned and implemented our San Francisco Complete Botox® Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics program in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education's accreditation requirements and policies.
We're proud to bring you this training in partnership with Medical Education Resources, an organization accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
Medical Education Resources designates our San Francisco training course for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. You should claim only the credit commensurate with your participation in our hands-on training session.
Medical Education Resources is also an accredited provider of continuing nursing education through the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. You'll earn 8.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education following successful completion.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299.
Morning Session Botox Training
7:45 a.m.–8:00 a.m. • Registration.
8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for botulinum toxin training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer botulinum toxin Type A FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
Afternoon Session Dermal Filler Training (separate registration fee)
12:45 p.m.–1:00 p.m. • Registration.
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for Complete Dermal Filler Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
- Marionette Lines
- Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
- Pre-Jowl Sulcus
- Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training's safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies prior to participating in the hands-on session and must adhere to CDC guidelines at all times.
Planning your visit
Empire Medical Training's Botox San Francisco training team are looking forward to welcoming you to one of the country's most iconic cities, which is a place that is full of life and vibrancy.
In the below section, you will find out more about:
- Some of the accommodation options available in San Francisco
- Info on how to get there (and get around once you're comfortably settled in)
- What to see and do in San Francisco and the surrounding regions
San Francisco is the cultural, commercial, and financial capital of California. Although we would recommend you stay at our host hotel, the Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront, there are plenty of other accommodation options if you choose.
The Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront
Staying at the hotel, you have the opportunity to access many of the attractions that make San Francisco such a world-famous city. You can find many of the main attractions on foot or via public transport, and plenty more is accessible by car.
While you are staying at the Marriott, you can expect all sorts of amenities, including:
- Enhanced high-speed Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel
- Concierge desk
- Meeting event space
- Central location
- Smart TV
- Contemporary, comfortable décor
- Parking available on-site
How to Get To The Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront
San Francisco city center is a short drive from the three nearby airports. Here's some extra info on how to get here from either one of them.
From San Francisco International Airport
- Take US-101 S to E Millbrae Ave in Millbrae. Take exit 420 from US-101 S
- Continue on E Millbrae Ave to your destination in Burlingame
From Oakland International Airport
- Get on I-880 S from 98th Ave
- Follow I-880 S, CA-92 W and US-101 N to Old Bayshore Hwy in Burlingame. Take exit 419B from US-101 N
- Follow Old Bayshore Hwy to your destination
From Norman Y. Mineta San José International Airport
- Get on CA-87 N from Airport Blvd, Airport Pkwy and Technology Dr
- Follow US-101 N to Old Bayshore Hwy in Burlingame. Take exit 419B from US-101 N
- Follow Old Bayshore Hwy to your destination
Though there are plenty of public transport and walking options, you can get around the local area by renting a car too. All the major car rental companies serve all of the region's airports. If you don't want to rent a car, ride-hailing apps like Uber and Lyft are available throughout the San Francisco area.
If you want to stay anywhere else other than our chosen host hotel, there are several different accommodation options that you can bear in mind:
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco
- Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco
- The Westin St. Francis San Francisco
- Hotel Nikko San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis
- The Marker San Francisco
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco
- Omni San Francisco Hotel
What to Do In San Francisco
When you are not taking part in training, there is a lot to explore and experience in San Francisco and the surrounding region. If you have rented a car, you will have the maximum amount of freedom to explore the city at your leisure, but there is a lot to see on foot and by public transportation. No matter what you choose, you will not have to go too far away to discover the world-famous city and everything it has to offer.
Outdoor Activities in San Francisco and Surrounding Areas
The weather in and around San Francisco is relatively stable, with mild winters and warm summers. This means that outdoor activities are always going to be an option. As one of the most beloved cities in the USA, you certainly want to get outside and enjoy everything you can.
- Golden Gate Park: If there is one site that people associate with the city of San Francisco more than any other, it is certainly the Golden Gate Bridge. As well as getting a fantastic view of the bridge, you can enjoy all the parkland in the area.
- Fisherman's Wharf: Another one of the city's most iconic places is where you can catch a boat across to Alcatraz. There are also plenty of restaurants, bars and other activities to enjoy.
- Coit Tower: If you are looking to enjoy some of the most incredible views of this special city, there is no doubt that this should be one of the first places to head to.
- Angel Island: You will need to take a public ferry or a private boat to access this private island, which stretches to 740-acres.
- Palace of Fine Arts: If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this is the place to get some much-needed respite.
Culture and Entertainment in San Francisco and Beyond
San Francisco needs no real introduction, and many of the sites will already be well-known to you. When you stay at the Marriott, you are within easy reach of many of the most famous and celebrated attractions.
- Alcatraz: This island prison is known for holding some of the world's most notorious prisoners, and there are plenty of tours available for you to take part in. Make sure to book in advance.
- Golden Gate Bridge: Crossing this world-famous bridge is an integral part of a visit to San Francisco. You can head across on foot or rent a bike.
- Chinatown: One of the oldest and largest of the country's Chinatowns is a fantastic place to enjoy some tasty dishes and excellent nightlife.
- Cable Cars: Still running as well as ever and a convenient way to get around the city, you certainly need to hop on board at some point during your visit.
- California Academy of Sciences: Featuring an aquarium, a planetarium, and a national history museum, there is a lot to see and enjoy.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews