About the Workshop
Our Botox Training & Certification Courses are designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed health-care practitioners. Hands-on instruction and training are always conducted by renowned “physician only” trainers. Botox classes cover the administration of Botox for all common and less common aesthetic and medical uses for the aesthetic practitioner. 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ provided.
Get $300 OFFExpires soon!
Additional Course Information
The Los Angeles Complete Botox® Training course combines hands-on training with didactic lectures (classroom learning). Below is a more detailed look at what the program entails.
Firstly, it delivers the fundamentals of botulinum toxin Type-A, including how to use it for cosmetic treatments. Once you exit the lecture hall, you'll possess all the knowledge required to administer Botox-related procedures – including those not-so-common techniques. In addition, you will know how to execute other common facial esthetics procedures.
This course is eligible for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ hours.
Supervised by expert board-certified physicians, our hybrid training features hands-on practice. You gain the opportunity to carry out Botox procedures on live volunteer patients, helping with facial rhytids like crow's feet, glabellar lines, forehead lines, and other aesthetic-related complaints and signs. All Botox administrations are subject to review by the course's supervising physicians.
These physician instructors are at the top of their industry. Renowned and all operating their own practice, these physicians have multiple years of experience supplying Botox injections. With this combination of knowledge and experience, our physicians guide you through each procedure step-by-step, providing helpful feedback that will help you – and your practice – grow.
Botox injections are not all you learn. You'll also gain the skills to perform different techniques like facial aesthetic procedures and dermal fillers. By learning under Empire's team of distinguished physician instructors and gaining techniques you cannot learn elsewhere, you gain the capability and confidence to perform a larger range of cosmetic procedures. Each program is also AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ accredited.
Attend our Los Angeles area Complete Botox® Training program, and you will learn:
- Basic facial anatomy and key Botox injection sites
- The differences between botulinum toxin Type-A products (such as Botox®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®). For those interested in getting the most from the course training, we have conveniently scheduled the Dermal Filler Training program in the afternoon. This course will teach Dermal Filler products (such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
- Specific techniques and methods for injecting Botox procedures
- The mechanism of action for each type of medication and formulation
- How to identify ideal candidates for Botox treatments and exclude unsuitable candidates (such as those with medical contraindications)
- How to properly and effectively inject botulinum toxin Type-A while reducing procedure risk and patient complications
- The generally accepted protocols for botulinum toxin Type-A administration for both aesthetic and medical complaints
- The proper guidelines for the patient acquisition and charting, including management of required paperwork like medical intake and informed consent forms
- How to manage patient preferences and expectations before treatment
- Post-treatment follow-up protocols and how to address and correct adverse events (complications)
- How to manage long-term botulinum toxin Type-A patients and deliver enhanced patient care over the course of the relationship
- How to market, promote and engage with your target demographic using a complete integrated marketing communications plan
For further information about this Los Angeles training course, visit our complete Botox training workshop page. You can also get in touch at 866-261-5164, and we'll be happy to answer any inquiries.
Who the event is for?
The Complete Botox Training program is designed for one main reason: to provide healthcare practitioners with the education needed to offer patients aesthetic services.
Are you an aesthetics practitioner located in Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, or any other area in or around Southern California? In that case, this course is ideal for you. The program is designed specifically for nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, dentists, and other medical professionals.
We aim to ensure your practice maximizes its effectiveness and capability. Ultimately, your patients deserve the best treatment and services – and we're happy to play a part in making it happen.
To gain the 8-hour AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ certification to administer Botox injections, practitioners must successfully complete all pre-course instructional materials. EMT's online portal supplies access to these prerequisite materials, including complication avoidance, detailed protocols, and much more. Prior to the in-person part of your training, a knowledge-based test needs to be completed.
For your benefit, materials are available in video content form. Professionally shot and engaging, these high-quality videos – all of which can be viewed from a desktop, smartphone, or another suitable device – make learning a breeze. Comprehensive manuals are also supplied with all the details you need.
Are you operating on a tight schedule? In that case, the didactic requirements for training can be completed via a live virtual program. Whichever route you take, you can then arrange and attend a future Los Angeles hands-on event to complete your Botox and dermal filler training.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Each participant must access EMT's state-of-the-art educational portal to go over the color training manual and videos. A prerequisite to the training modules, these comprehensive supplements are packed with beneficial information, including:
- The patient consultation process. This includes communicating the expected results of Botox treatments accurately, producing facial/head/neck markings, and injection/treatment techniques that align with patient goals
- Key characteristics and handling (including dilution, reconstitution, and storage) of botulinum toxin Type-A products
- Important facial anatomy concepts, including zones of adherence, facial contraindications, and correcting complications and adverse events
Furthermore, the color training manual features a detailed overview of dosing, safe injection techniques, indications for treatment, and universally accepted practices for the Botox treatments below:
- Forehead lines
- Lateral canthal rhytids
- Glabellar complex area
- Platysma banding
- Gummy smile
- Medial and lateral brow (lift)
- Marionette lines
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive palms and underarms sweating)
- Dimpled chin
Additional Aesthetic Procedures and Advanced Injection Techniques
Along with our Complete Botox® Training and Dermal Filler courses, we also offer the opportunity for participants to learn further aesthetic procedures and advanced injection techniques. In addition, by signing up for the Los Angeles training course, you gain access to our complete library of botulinum toxin educational materials. Utilizing these materials to maximize your in-person learning is highly recommended, as this service is a vital component of your clinical studies.
Our acclaimed Los Angeles Complete Botox Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics program is designed in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies set by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
Our comprehensive training is offered in partnership with Medical Education Resources. This ACCME-accredited organization is committed to educating and training those with the desire to become the next leading aesthetics practitioners. The maximum 8.0 AMA PRA Category I Credits™ for our Los Angeles training course is also designated by the MER. Note: credit commensurate should only be claimed following the completion of our hands-on training class.
Through the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation, the MER is also accredited as a provider for continued nursing education. You gain 8.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education upon successfully completing our course.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299
Morning Session Botox Training
7:45 a.m.–8:00 a.m. • Registration.
8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for botulinum toxin training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer botulinum toxin, Type-A FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
Afternoon Session Dermal Filler Training (separate registration fee)
12:45 p.m.–1:00 p.m. • Registration.
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for Complete Dermal Filler Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
2:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
- Marionette Lines
- Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
- Pre-Jowl Sulcus
- Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training's safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies prior to participating in the hands-on session and must adhere to CDC guidelines at all times.
Planning your visit
The Botox® Los Angeles training team at Empire Medical Training welcomes you to the City of Angels! Learn, bask in the warm Mediterranean climate, and enjoy the liveliness and activity of the United States' second-largest city.
To make the most of your visit, the following information will highlight:
- Where to stay in Los Angeles
- Getting to the venue and exploring Los Angeles
- Recommended local attractions
Los Angeles is situated in Southern California. It is approximately 26 miles from Anaheim, which is where our host hotel, the Anaheim Marriott, is situated. Yet if you'd like to stay elsewhere, there are many other highly rated accommodation options nearby and across LA.
The upscale Anaheim Marriott is an excellent base for a short trip or to fully explore Los Angeles County. It's surrounded by shops, dining options and is within walking distance of Disneyland Resort – the perfect destination to unwind after a weekend of learning.
If you want to make your life a little easier and stay at the Anaheim Marriott, these are the following amenities you can enjoy:
- Elegant, spacious rooms and suites with modern furnishings
- Each room option features a marble bathroom and plush pillowtop bedding
- Upgraded accommodations offer stunning balcony views
- A state-of-the-art fitness center open 24/7
- A spacious heated outdoor pool surrounded by beautiful palm trees
- Over 15,000 square meters of total event space
- On-site dining options including Slice Pizzeria and nFuse Restaurant, Bar & Lounge
How to Get Here
As the name suggests, the Anaheim Marriott is located in the heart of Anaheim. It is within a 20-minute drive of John Wayne Airport, while Long Beach Airport is also a short drive away.
The following guides show how to get from the airports mentioned above to our host hotel.
From John Wayne Airport
A one-way taxi fare from the airport to Anaheim Marriott is estimated to cost $45. If you're driving, however, here's what to do:
- On North Airport Way, travel northeast
- Continue until you're on JWA Roadway. Now make a slight right, so you're back onto N Airport Way
- Get onto MacArthur Boulevard by turning left
- Turn right and merge onto Interstate 405 North. Head towards Long Beach
- When you see exit 9A, take this and merge onto CA-55 North
- Journey a little over four miles until exit 10B for Interstate 5 North. This is towards Santa Ana
- Journey approximately six miles until exit 109 for Katella Avenue/Disney Way/Civic Center/Disneyland
- When you merge onto South Anaheim Way, continue to East Katella Avenue. Turn left
- Do another left turn onto South Harbor Boulevard. Get onto West Convention Way by taking the first right
- Do a U-turn. The Anaheim Marriott is on the right
From Long Beach Airport
As Long Beach Airport is slightly further away, a one-way taxi fare will set you back about $70. Here's how to get there with your own mode of transport:
- On Donald Douglas Drive, travel south towards Barbara London Drive
- Take a slight right and remain on Donald Douglas Drive
- Get onto North Lakewood Boulevard by taking a right turn
- Go onto the Interstate 405 South ramp
- Remain left before merging onto Interstate 405 South
- Journey a little over six miles before reaching CA-22 East/Garden Grove Freeway
- Travel a further seven miles before taking exit 12A for Harbor Boulevard South
- Continue to Harbor Boulevard by merging onto Trask Avenue
- Take a left turn and travel the boulevard for about two-and-a-half miles to West Convention Way
- Take another left turn, do a U-turn, and the Anaheim Marriott is on the right
Getting around Los Angeles
While the Los Angeles Metro offers an affordable solution for getting around, it is highly recommended to travel by car. Affordable car rental operators can be found at all major Los Angeles airports.
Nearby Car Rentals:
- Hertz: 714-750-4080
- Avis: (1) 562-988-3256
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 833-659-1917
Prefer a change of scenery when relaxing after a day of training? In that case, there are numerous commended accommodation options nearby. These include:
- Residence Inn by Marriott at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
- Hilton Anaheim
- Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
- Hyatt Regency Orange County
- Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
- The Westin Anaheim Resort
- Radisson Blu Anaheim
What to Do in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a destination that is bustling with activities and things to do. While your training weekend involves plenty of work, there's still time to explore LA and surrounding areas and experience some of the best attractions the area – and the U.S. in general – has to offer.
Outdoor Activities and Attractions in Los Angeles
With year-round warm weather and ample outdoor space, Los Angeles is the place to visit for adventures outside. Here are some of our favorite outdoor attractions in Los Angeles:
- Disneyland Resort: Incredible lands, rides, dining options, and much more. Millions of people visit California's Disneyland each year.
- Venice Beach: Los Angeles boasts multiple beaches, and Venice Beach is the busiest and most iconic one of them all.
- Los Angeles Zoo: See some of the most amazing animals, take in the botanical gardens, and spend the day at one of the best zoos on the planet.
- Griffith Park: With over 4,000 acres of land to explore, the park boasts stunning landscaped parkland, urban wilderness areas, and the world-famous Griffith Observatory.
- Hollywood Sign: One of the most famous landmarks on the planet, take the hike and get a perfect pic for your Instagram account!
Culture and Entertainment in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is home to many cultural attractions. All of these can be reached via a short car journey:
- The Getty Center: This is a museum that has something for everyone. The Getty supplies modern architecture, art from the Middle Ages, unique gardens, and breathtaking city views.
- Aquarium of the Pacific: Situated in Long Beach, this acclaimed aquarium offers mesmerizing exhibits which range from the shark lagoon to sea otter habitat.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art: Known as the West's largest art museum, the LACMA is an incredible feast of exhibitions and artistic creations.
- The Comedy Store: This popular comedy venue regularly hosts famous and upcoming acts.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews