About the Workshop
Our Botox Training & Certification Courses are designed for physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed health-care practitioners. Hands-on instruction and training are always conducted by renowned “physician only” trainers. Botox classes cover the administration of Botox for all common and less common aesthetic and medical uses for the aesthetic practitioner. 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ provided.
Additional Course Information
The Fort Lauderdale/Miami Complete Botox® Training program is designed to offer the ideal combination of hands-on learning and didactic lectures.
The program acts as the foundation for your Botox education. You learn about the fundamentals of botulinum toxin Type-A and how it is used for cosmetic treatments. You gain valuable knowledge about basic and advanced techniques. You also acquire practical experience administering Botox injections.
Regarding the latter point, your hands-on training includes the opportunity to perform Botox procedures on actual patients. You will see first-hand how to deal with common facial rhytids like glabellar lines, crow's feet, brow lifts, and forehead lines. Each procedure is carried out alongside step-by-step guidance from our expert physician instructors.
Not only are they board-certified, but our instructors are among the best aesthetic treatment specialists in the country. By tapping into the vast knowledge and experience they possess, you can kickstart your Botox education. They will answer your questions and supply immediate feedback during your hands-on learning, ensuring you return to your practice with the confidence and skills to perform Botox procedures on your patients.
During the training weekend, you will also learn how to perform dermal fillers and other facial aesthetic procedures. By expanding your repertoire in this area, you can offer a greater number of aesthetic services at your practice.
The Botox Training Program is approved for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ hours.
Attend our Fort Lauderdale/Miami Complete Botox® Training program, and you will learn:
- Basic facial anatomy and key Botox injection sites
- The differences between botulinum toxin Type-A products (such as Botox®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®). For those interested in getting the most from the course training, we have conveniently scheduled the Dermal Filler Training program in the afternoon. This course will teach Dermal Filler products (such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Radiesse®, Belotero®, and more)
- Specific techniques and methods for injecting Botox procedures
- The mechanism of action for each type of medication and formulation
- How to identify ideal candidates for Botox treatments and exclude unsuitable candidates (such as those with medical contraindications)
- How to properly and effectively inject botulinum toxin Type-A while reducing procedure risk and patient complications
- The generally accepted protocols for botulinum toxin Type-A administration for both aesthetic and medical complaints
- The proper guidelines for the patient acquisition and charting, including management of required paperwork like medical intake and informed consent forms
- How to manage patient preferences and expectations before treatment
- Post-treatment follow-up protocols and how to address and correct adverse events (complications)
- How to manage long-term botulinum toxin Type-A patients and deliver enhanced patient care over the course of the relationship
- How to market, promote and engage with your target demographic using a complete integrated marketing communications plan
Do you seek additional information about our Fort Lauderdale/Miami training course? If so, visit the Complete Botox Training workshop page for detailed info on all features. A more direct way to seek data is by calling 866-261-5164.
Who the event is for?
In essence, the event is for healthcare practitioners that want to provide aesthetic services to their patients. Our Complete Botox Training program is the perfect fit if this describes you and you're based in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Port St. Lucie, or any other Florida area.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, dentists – the program has been designed specifically for such medical professionals. Your patients deserve the best, and our training ensures your practice offers the finest aesthetic treatments available.
To prepare you for the EMT Complete Botox® Training program, we provide prerequisite instructional materials and optional supplements. The prerequisite materials, which cover everything from complication avoidance to thorough protocols, need to be completed for your 8-hour AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ certification. Before attending the Fort Lauderdale/Miami seminar, you must pass a short knowledge test.
All didactic information is accessible through EMT's online portal. Once signed up, you also have the opportunity to watch our video content. These videos are professionally shot and packed with valuable information, and are viewable from any device, including smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
If there's space available in your schedule, there's the chance to complete live virtual training prior to attending the workshops in person.
Color Training Manual & Videos
Via the EMT educational portal, it is mandatory you download and view both the necessary videos and color training manual. The content is comprehensive and packs in a lot of valuable information, including:
- The patient consultation process. This includes communicating the expected results of Botox treatments accurately, producing facial/head/neck markings, and injection/treatment techniques that align with patient goals
- Key characteristics and handling (including dilution, reconstitution, and storage) of botulinum toxin Type-A products
- Important facial anatomy concepts, including zones of adherence, facial contraindications, and correcting complications and adverse events
The manual also covers practices like safe injection techniques, treatment indications, and dosage amounts for the below Botox treatments:
- Forehead lines
- Lateral canthal rhytids
- Medial and lateral brow (lift)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive palms and underarms sweating)
- Dimpled chin
- Glabellar complex area
- Gummy smile
- Platysma banding
- Marionette lines
Additional Aesthetic Procedures and Advanced Injection Techniques
The Fort Lauderdale/Miami Complete Botox® Training course has an evident focus on one particular area: Botox. However, the program also teaches participants to perform dermal fillers and other popular facial aesthetics treatments. By taking your clinical studies to the next level and expanding the range of treatments you offer, your practice can grow and ultimately enhance patient satisfaction.
Our Fort Lauderdale/Miami Complete Botox Training program, which features Facial Aesthetics and Dermal Filler workshops, has been crafted with meticulous detail. One important step we made was to meet the accreditation demands and policies set by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
The 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ that are part of our program are awarded by the Medical Education Resources. The MER, an ACCME-accredited organization, is dedicated to educating and training future aesthetics practitioners. Partnering with the MER gives us the confidence to supply the best program for participants. Note: AMA PRA Category 1 Credits can only be claimed once the hands-on training has been completed.
Are you pursuing a career as a nurse? If so, you can acquire 8.0 contact hours for your nursing education upon successful completion of our program. These hours are provided due to the MER's partnership with the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299.
Morning Session Botox Training
7:45 a.m.–8:00 a.m. • Registration.
8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for botulinum toxin training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer botulinum toxin, Type-A FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
Afternoon Session Dermal Filler Training (separate registration fee)
12:45 p.m.–1:00 p.m. • Registration.
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. • Speaker Introduction. Review prerequisite video for Complete Dermal Filler Training. Overview of procedures to be performed during the hands-on session. Questions & Answers.
2:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. • Hands-On Sessions. Small group breakout sessions with live patients. Attendees will be required to administer HA Dermal Filler FDA-approved products, understanding the unique approach to each patient.
- Marionette Lines
- Nasolabial Folds (NLF)
- Pre-Jowl Sulcus
- Lips (Vermillion Border with PDO Threads)
All participants must follow COVID-19 precautions per updated CDC guidelines and must adhere to Empire Medical Training's safety policies. Any patients and/or volunteers must agree to the policies prior to participating in the hands-on session and must adhere to CDC guidelines at all times.
Planning your visit
The Empire Medical Training's Botox® Fort Lauderdale/Miami team welcomes you to Florida! Fort Lauderdale is famous for its culture, beaches, and glorious weather; there are few places more enticing than the "Venice of America" – and Miami is just down the road.
To prepare for your visit, the following info will spotlight:
- Where to stay in Fort Lauderdale
- Reaching the Fort Lauderdale venue and exploring the area
- Recommended local attractions
Situated on Florida's southeastern coast, Fort Lauderdale is an upscale destination with bars, boutiques, and restaurants aplenty. Less than 30 miles away is the famous, vibrant city of Miami. The Complete Botox Training program takes place at the GALLERYone – a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, which also makes it an ideal accommodation option for your trip.
GALLERYone – a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel
As the host hotel for our Complete Botox Training, Dermal Filler, and Facial Aesthetics workshops, you'd naturally expect us to promote the GALLERYone - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel. Yet this four-star property, complete with a prime location in Fort Lauderdale, doesn't require much advertising.
As a testament to this, here are the main features of the GALLERYone all-suite hotel:
- The spacious suites all feature a flat-screen television and kitchenette
- Select suites have separate living rooms, balconies, and picturesque ocean views
- Contemporary cuisine can be enjoyed at the on-site restaurant, while in-room dining is available
- An inviting outdoor pool and relaxing patio area
- The accompanying poolside bar is ideal for grabbing a drink and enjoying beautiful views of the Intracoastal Waterway
- A well-equipped fitness center for getting in some exercise
- Concierge service and 24-hour front desk
- Over 7,000-square-feet of event space is available
How to Get Here
The GALLERYone's central location ensures you don't have to go out of your way to reach the hotel. In fact, it's just seven miles away from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, while Miami International Airport is a 30-mile journey.
From Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
While the GALLERYone doesn't offer its own airport shuttle, there are other shuttle services available to take you from the airport to the hotel. If you opt to drive, however, the following directions will make the journey an easy one:
- Exit the airport and travel north-west towards Terminal Drive/Upper Terminal Drive
- By using the right two lanes, turn right slightly, so you end up on Terminal Drive/Upper Terminal Drive
- At the fork, keep left and continue to follow the signs for US-1 N/Ft Lauderdale. Eventually, merge onto US-1 N and travel for approximately five miles
- By utilizing the right two lanes, turn right slightly until you end up on E Sunrise Blvd. Travel for a little less than one mile.
- Turn right, journey a further 300 feet, and the GALLERYone will be on your left
Getting around Fort Lauderdale and Miami
Travel options in Fort Lauderdale and Miami are far and wide, meaning plenty of options for you. The Sun Trolley Hop-on bus covers downtown and beach roads and only costs $3 for an all-day pass. If you want to remain active during your trip, opt for the Broward Bcycle Bike Share System. Pay $5 to use the bike for 30 minutes.
If you are traveling from Miami into Fort Lauderdale, you can use the public transport services in place or travel by car. The train is the fastest way to reach Fort Lauderdale, taking only 31 minutes.
Public transport options to use in Miami include the Metrorail, a 25-mile elevated rail system, and the Metromover. You can also use the Miami City buses, which offer 95 routes. Prices for all options start from around $2.25.
If you would rather drive, then look out for the nearby car rentals:
Nearby Car Rentals:
- SIXT: 888-749-8227
- Budget: 954-359-2400
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 833-479-1099
If the GALLERYone is unavailable or you'd rather stay elsewhere, there's no need to worry – Fort Lauderdale boasts many accommodation options. The same can also be said if you prefer to stay in Miami. Here are some recommendations:
- Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
- B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
- JW Marriott Miami
- SLS Brickell Miami
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami
What to Do in Fort Lauderdale/Miami
Tourists might head to Fort Lauderdale and Miami primarily for their pristine beaches and vibrant nightlife, but these destinations offer so much more. After a hard day of training, make sure you save some time to explore these cities and sample some of their best attractions.
Outdoor Activities and Attractions in Fort Lauderdale/Miami
With the hot Florida weather and miles of beaches, outdoor activities are high on the list for those visiting either Fort Lauderdale or Miami. The following are among the most highly rated outdoor attractions you need to consider for your trip:
- Las Olas Beach: Relatively small, yes, but there are various reasons why Las Olas Beach is regarded as one of the best beaches in Florida. Clear water, pristine white sand, and a quieter atmosphere make it a great destination to unwind.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Park: If you're searching for a beach with more activity, this is the destination for you. Facilities include basketball and volleyball courts, picnic areas, outdoor showers, and more.
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park: The Coastal Hammock Trail, coastal dune lakes, seawall for fishing, over 250 bird species that grace the park – there's something for everyone at the beautiful Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, Fort Lauderdale's “Central Park.”
- Flamingo Gardens: Located 17 miles west of downtown Fort Lauderdale, Flamingo Gardens is a charming wildlife refuge set within a 60-acre tropical oasis. The botanical garden features over 3,000 plant species, native Florida wildlife, and, as the name suggests, an array of flamingos!
- Wynwood Walls: Situated in Miami, Wynwood Walls is an art museum that's unlike any other. It is a unique outdoor destination that showcases the world's greatest graffiti and street artists.
Culture and Entertainment in Fort Lauderdale/Miami
To take a break from the Florida weather, there are various indoor attractions in both Fort Lauderdale and Miami. From museums to entertainment venues, below are the highlights to keep in mind:
- Las Olas Boulevard: One of the main destinations for visitors to Fort Lauderdale, Las Olas Boulevard features diverse dining options, dozens of retailers, multiple international art galleries, and more.
- Bonnet House Museum & Gardens: Transport back in time by visiting the historic Bonnet House Museum. Built in 1920, the building has retained its gracious charm for visitors to savor.
- The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale: For some retail therapy, The Galleria is positioned just a stone's throw from the GALLERYone hotel. Here you'll find enticing eateries and fashionable retailers.
- Perez Art Museum Miami: This destination is one of Florida's most impressive art museums. With vibrant, diverse exhibits, educational programs, and hands-on workshops, the contemporary Perez Art Museum Miami is sure to leave a lasting impression.
- Hard Rock Stadium: Home of the Miami Dolphins, the Hard Rock Stadium is one of the most impressive stadiums in the country. Even if a game or show isn't on during your trip, it is well worth taking a tour of the stadium.
The Empire Difference
Our commitment to your academic achievement drives us to utilize innovation, create positive impacts, and foster collaboration.
25+ Years Training Physicians and Nurses
Since 1998, our organization has been setting the bar for medical professional training. Our success and expertise in this field are unparalleled.
Empire is the global leader in procedural training, having graduated more individuals than any other provider.
Uncover the most extensive range of courses in Aesthetics, Anti-Aging, Pain Management, and beyond!
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
No matter your professional aspirations, you can receive CMEs both in-person and online.
Immerse yourself in courses taught by renowned Board-Certified Faculty and experienced Medspa owners.
Join the largest community to save you more on products, lasers, and more!
The Go-To Educational Institution for 175,000+ Medical Professionals
Students learning and engaging in-person and virtually at Empire
200+ 5-Star Reviews